MR and OPOS Card

murtaza

Reaction score
Guys

Please help me out here; I would like to get the S*Y Ita*ia going. My research concluded that I needed a MR cam and blue tit card, but lately I was told that above channels are about to migrate to different encryption technology? If that happens then the need for blue tit card will disappear?

Recently I came to know about a new type of card OPOS? Apparently this card can also be programmed to open S*Y Ita*ia.

Therefore before I order OPOS can anyone tell me what else can be opened with OPOS?

BTW I am also ordering a CAS-2 Deluxe Pack to program my MR and I believe CAS-2 can also program OPOS card?

Any help in this direction would be appreciated.

Cheers

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I dont think that the blue tit card can open seca2, i think the options are only: the dragon cam, opos card, knot card, and the new titan2 card. Anyone will should one the job.

If the channels change encryption, they will be moving to something more secure like videoguard which isnt hacked so your new equipment will no longer work to decode it, though it can be used for things that are still in the old (supported) encryptions. Though as rumours have it Sky is not allowed to change encryption till the end of the year because of some legal descision. This doesnt mean that you'ld even get the channels for a full year if this was the case, companies play around with the existing systems to make things difficult. Sky was available 6 months or so ago, and its only just come back. So its quite likely something similar will happen again.

As far as I know CAS-2 programmer is for cams only, I suspect that if you are getting a deluxe pack then it will contain a card writing adapter. Basically you need an adapter that supports phoenix/smartmouse modes if you want it to program the high powered cards, like Opus and Knotcard.

murtaza

Reaction score
damhy said:
I dont think that the blue tit card can open S*ca2, i think the options are only: the dragon cam, opos card, knot card, and the new titan2 card. Anyone will should one the job.

If the channels change encryption, they will be moving to something more secure like videoguard which isnt hacked so your new equipment will no longer work to decode it, though it can be used for things that are still in the old (supported) encryptions. Though as rumours have it Sky is not allowed to change encryption till the end of the year because of some legal descision. This doesnt mean that you'ld even get the channels for a full year if this was the case, companies play around with the existing systems to make things difficult. Sky was available 6 months or so ago, and its only just come back. So its quite likely something similar will happen again.

As far as I know CAS-2 programmer is for cams only, I suspect that if you are getting a deluxe pack then it will contain a card writing adapter. Basically you need an adapter that supports phoenix/smartmouse modes if you want it to program the high powered cards, like Opus and Knotcard.

Thanks M8, I have a much better picture now.

I conclude that

Option 1

I can just buy an opos card, knot card, or a new titan2 card and use them with my existing MR to get the job done?

Option 2

I order a dragon cam but would I still need an opos card, knot card, or the new titan2 card to work alongside DC or DC alone will do the job?

Sky is not allowed to change encryption till the end of the year, assuming 2005?

Oh yes I am ordering deluxe pack.

murtaza

Reaction score
murtaza said:
Thanks M8, I have a much better picture now.

I conclude that

Option 1

I can just buy an opos card, knot card, or a new titan2 card and use them with my existing MR to get the job done?

Option 2

I order a dragon cam but would I still need an opos card, knot card, or the new titan2 card to work alongside DC or DC alone will do the job?

Sky is not allowed to change encryption till the end of the year, assuming 2005?

Oh yes I am ordering deluxe pack.

Just learnt that all the SLY Italia channels are gone to NDS, so what now? Anyone out there has anything to add?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
murtaza said:
Just learnt that all the SLY Italia channels are gone to NDS, so what now? Anyone out there has anything to add?

the S*y Sport channels have gone to NDS only, but at the time of writing the Cinema channels are still dual encrypted.

Llew

murtaza

Reaction score
Llew said:
the S*y Sport channels have gone to NDS only, but at the time of writing the Cinema channels are still dual encrypted.

Llew

Well, are the cinema channels are rumored to be switched to NDS in the near future?

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
murtaza said:
Option 2

Dragon cam alone will do the job so I believe. But like I said either way you never know when you're going to end up with a black screen.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent

murtaza

Reaction score
damhy said:
Just another comment, from what I have been reading it looks like some of the platforms are now no longer showing S*ca2 channels since the 1st Jan. I dont have any of them to confirm this to be the case or not, but hopefully someone in the know will post on here.

BTE I was refering to this post:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=33140
and:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=33116

damhy M8
Well thanks for the update, still feel its worth spending the money to purchase the DC for watching the movies and of course cartoons for kiddies! Let me know if you get any indication that the remaining stuff will be moving soon!
Cheers