MR (Mrev) Modification for Failing Receivers

Lunchy

Reaction score
I was checking that this mod was going to keep working, without causing a problem of some sort. Which I'm more than happy to say is the case. The problem that's been causing headwreck everywhere is to do with the signal drive from the 9902 to the Cam. You need to open up your Cam and locate a 1Kohm surface mounted resistor which is about 1cm away from the PCMCIA connector and in the middle of the left and right hand sides of the CAM. When you find it solder a 270 Ohm resister across it. Dont remove the 1k resister already on the board. And thats it. Perfect pictures on the Nokia.

This mod will also fix MANY other problems on other receivers, having to swap which slot the cam is in etc etc. ALSO it may be possible to run 2 UCAS Cams at exactly the same time! If anyone out there can tell me how that goes?

Also on another note, the Mod thats been going around for some time to keep 5volts on the PCMCIA slot is not a good idea and should be removed. In the standard EN50221 the 5Volts is switched onto this line AFTER the cam is inserted fully into the slot and ALL connections have been made. NOT BEFORE. With this old mod in place current is flowing into the Cam as its being inserted and the pathway that the current flows to get through the Cam (the exit current) is determined by which other pins are connected at the time. On different Cams/Reciever Sockets it with be different..

My Advise - Remove it. There no need for it now that the real problem have been solved

beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif
beer.gif

ubuesque

Reaction score
Hello I'm using a Magic cam converted into an Mreloaded.
Could you tell me if such modification is olso possible and what is the resistor on the magic module which need to be reduced
Thank's

jokercam472

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nokia 9800S - MRV 2.21
i did the stuff with my MRV cam and nokia 9800s but didn't work :( cam is not recognized at all i have to mod the nokia inside to put 5V with a diode.... :/