MR not initialized!!!

Harman

Reaction score
Ok. I have managed to make the MR recognizable from my laptop.
My MR has UCAS 3.0. I updated the MR with the MR1.161.upd file.

So far so good ? Or anything sounds wrong?

Then I tried inserting the MR into my Newwave (NW-7000UCAS). But nothing. The CAM is not initialized.

I got a hint from a sat technician to unplu the built-in CAM of the receiver from its slot. And then insert my MR cam. Still nothing though.

Any ideas ? I am really trying everything.

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Had the same problem with an MR, in the end the only channel it would initialise on was 247 on hotbird, it did take a couple of attempts though. Is the CAM trying to initialise?

Harman

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Had the same problem with an MR, in the end the only channel it would initialise on was 247 on hotbird, it did take a couple of attempts though. Is the CAM trying to initialise?

Rolf,

I don't get the usual notice saying "Initialising CAM..." when I turn the receiver on. But I see the display of the reciever showing a single 0 digit and then blinking back to the time display.

When you say it initialises on chanel 247, u mean I have to go to 247, then urn off receiver, put CAM on receiver and then turn receiver on again ?

Thanks for your help.

Harman

Reaction score
Harman said:
Rolf,

I don't get the usual notice saying "Initialising CAM..." when I turn the receiver on. But I see the display of the reciever showing a single 0 digit and then blinking back to the time display.

When you say it initialises on chanel 247, u mean I have to go to 247, then urn off receiver, put CAM on receiver and then turn receiver on again ?

Thanks for your help.

Finally did it....After a few tries and an update with mr1.70, it initialized on t%s

;)

nobann

Reaction score
this always happen to me too with MR or magic changed to MR cams :(

Bringer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra,eutel
P2-1,6Ghz
My Location
Germany
I have flashed my Newwave NW-7000UCAS with the wrong Firmware (for NW-7000CI). I can´t find the right firmware for my model (NEWWAVE NW-7000UCAS or same model: Antsat NW 7000 UCAS). The Receiver works with the CI-Firmware, but the Kyes on front and the Remote-Control will not work! Does everyone have a link to the right Firmware? Production Number is: 7000CI0402002372

Please mail me!!!!

Thanks!

Bringer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra,eutel
P2-1,6Ghz
My Location
Germany
Hello!
Do you have firmware for the receiver NW-7000UCAS?!
I have flashed with 7000-ci and the keys on Remotecontrol will not work!
If you have a link or the firmware, please send!

TNX

Harman said:

Then I tried inserting the MR into my Newwave (NW-7000UCAS). But nothing. The CAM is not initialized.

I got a hint from a sat technician to unplu the built-in CAM of the receiver from its slot. And then insert my MR cam. Still nothing though.

Thanks.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Could I suggest you try another method as Harman has not visited the board since July. Have you tried a google search, Do you know the manufacturer of the stb?

Misia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 CHANNEL MASTER ECHOSTAR 3600

HOME NETWORK PC'S N LAPTOP
My Location
BERKSHIRE
Harman said:

Thanks.

m8 i had same prob........go back 2 old ver 1.170.....that will get ur cam workin again.....then u can update agin 2latest .........