Mr Upgrade With Notebook

robuto

Reaction score
CaN I upgrade my matrix reloaded with an old notebook Os win 95 and pentium 133,16 MB RAM?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Cant see no problem....I use an old notebook with win 98 and does the job well!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Seems almost the older the better. :)

robuto

Reaction score
My notebook (Zenith Bull with Pentium 166 16 MB and win95) reconognized the MR cam but the loader not work it says "Dll not found"
Any ideas? I think that my notebook is too old for win 98.
Thanks

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
What software and drivers do I exactly need to update my matrix reloaded cam with a notebook? I have an old 468 with 32 MB RAM with WIN 95.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All of the files needed and a walk through by Tutut at Toecutter's are in this zip, it doesn't mention 95, but it's worth a try.

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
Rolf,

thanks very much for your help and the file. I'll will give it a try with Win 95 and see if it works. Do you know were I can get the loader soft? On the Ucassupport.nl webside the loader_setup_v1.3 version is no longer on the server. Perhaps it was taken away for certain reasons.
Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just been reading up a bit more and it looks like Win 95 is a no go, you will need to upgrade to 98 to get it to work.

PS. You can get the loader here www.matrixcam.com/laptop.htm

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
Yes it seems that you need at least Win 98. But I'm a little bit confused now. I never took notice of the notebook procedure on the matrixcam site. I thought of buying a cas,cas2 or funcard and programmer set. If it works with a notebook it would be fine. (Saves me money :-) )

But my question is do I need this PCMCIA Card Extension or can I stick in the MR cam into the notebook without the extension?

The other thing that bothers me. My cam is a UCAS 3 version. Would this matter because it always says UCAS 2 software?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You've lost me a little there Claasi, what is a Card extension? If the CAM will fit in the notebook slot, then that should suffice. The CAM UCAS version should be fine.

robuto

Reaction score
The loader sw don't work with win95.
I had to install win98se and it works fine with my old notebook pentium 166
and the loader works too.
Thanks

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
OK thanks all of you for info. I'll install WIN 98 SE on my old notebook then. It is good for something after all.

Rolfw look here http://www.matrixcam.com/pcmciacardextender.htm
On the main side of the laptop instructions under requirements 2 its says about the extension. I was just a bit afraid of voltage differences and ports which might be handled by this extension.

But it seems that I can plug the MR right into the PCMCIA slot of the notebook then.

Thanks again!

msawad

Reaction score
claasi said:
OK thanks all of you for info. I'll install WIN 98 SE on my old notebook then. It is good for something after all.

Rolfw look here http://www.matrixcam.com/pcmciacardextender.htm
On the main side of the laptop instructions under requirements 2 its says about the extension. I was just a bit afraid of voltage differences and ports which might be handled by this extension.

But it seems that I can plug the MR right into the PCMCIA slot of the notebook then.

Thanks again![/QUOTE

Hi claasi

don't worry , go ahead and fit the cam to your laptop , no risk
i was confused same as you at the begining but i do it

until now i did not understand why matrixcam.com mentioned about this pcmica adapter !!!! may be they have very very old laptop

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
Hi msawad,

thanks for that! I have a problem with the cbss.vxd file. I followed all the instructions in the text file. The problem is the cbss.vxd which is missing in my pcmcia controller drivers list. I do not quite understand what is ment by this in the help text file:

"Win98(SE/ME) users with no cbss.vxd listed don't have to copy anything
or to reboot. You should have pccard.vxd listed though, otherwise
something with your PCMCIA-controller installation is wrong. Try to
force PCIC-controller- or even general PCMCIA-controller- drivers and
after installing them do a reboot and go back to 2."

Were can I get these proper drivers from so I can get the cbss.vxd file into my drivers list? My notebook is a compaq contura 430. When I plug in my MR in the pcmcia slot WIN 98 freezes and has a hang up.

msawad

Reaction score
i agree with you , the text file is a little bit confuse
i copy and paste the cbss.vxd to windows>system
i copy and paste the DVBCAMD.sys to windows>system32>drivers
then right click on the file DreamMagic.inf and choose install
reboot your windows98 (or windows98se) whatever you have (keep the cam pull out of the slot while rebooting)

now insert your cam in pcmica slot , you will get a beep
do u see a "dreammagic module" when you click on the small icon in the taskbar?
please give it a try ,

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany- Munich
Got it working !! Updated my MR CAM from 1.060 to 1.080 and it work just fine. Was amazed how well this works. Well guess I'm prepared for 1.090 which hopefully will run longer than 3 days ;-)

Thanks to everyone who helped me to get there!