MTV Trax 28E

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this discussion is not permitted here

Please move/Delete if needed

I have just downloaded softcam.k*y from another forum and noticed it had MTV Trax listed on 28E

Sent it to my DM500s and low and behold, MTV Trax opened for me haha

I also get audio only on several other MTV Channels too

Is this something new or have CCW always opened MTV Trax? Why do CCW/BISS k*ys open Trax, is this for a provider other than sly or is this something to do with Re*l d*gital?

I wonder if there is anything else that opens on 28E with k*ys

nonecks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed zone 2 sky dish with multi lnb (28E, 19E, 13E) running through a Dreambox 7020Si
My Location
London
I believe that this is used to feed MTV Music 24 at 19.2E, 0.8W, 7W and 30W as far as I'm aware the channels are exactly the same just a different name. This is a different version from MTV Music UK.

EDIT: RD have nowt to do with it :)

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
nonecks said:
I believe that this is used to feed MTV Music 24 at 19.2E, 0.8W, 7W and 30W as far as I'm aware the channels are exactly the same just a different name. This is a different version from MTV Music UK.

EDIT: RD have nowt to do with it :)

I`ve just googled RD and it appears they have done a vannishing act lol

The picture quality is really really poor and on my dm500s it shows as encrypted in N*D*S* but the ccw opens it

When I get a chance to pop round a mates house who has a sub to an MTV package on 19.2 I will check the 19.2 channel and compare it to the playout on the 28.2 feed

nonecks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed zone 2 sky dish with multi lnb (28E, 19E, 13E) running through a Dreambox 7020Si
My Location
London
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the poor picture quality. Doing a bit of googling (admittedly what I should have done) others have said it is a red button service for MTV which is why picture quality is so bad so there's no way it could it be feeding other satellites. Although it will be interesting if the content is still the same, which I believe it is. I'm at a loss as to why it opens via ccw.