multi lnb set up, how much should I pay an installer?

scooterbuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
perth
I wasn't complaining, I didnt know how much was a fair price, today i got from £165 to £40 for a monoblock setup, dont mind people making a living but dont want to get the piss taken as well

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Can't see you getting much of a service for £40 for a full monobloc install with meter setup. If so, you have a good deal ;)

scooterbuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
perth
I didn't go with that guy haha, getting it done for £60, I have the bracket and pole mounted he is just pointing the dish for me, don't mind paying but don't want to pay over the odds

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Ah ok, if he is local and it's a straight forward alignment, then that sounds a fair price.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
That's a fair price for just alignment, just a quick service call.

scooterbuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
perth
satelliteman said:
Ah ok, if he is local and it's a straight forward alignment, then that sounds a fair price.
Every where is local in Scotland, I should of really gave it a shot myself but getting the time is the prob.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Installed a couple of systems in Pitlochry (not far), if my memory recalls there weren't that many local installers and would guess a fair travel from the major towns.

scooterbuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
perth
well got the setup done, cracking job and all done in 1hr

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That's good ........... Did you point the Installer towards our Forum, by any chance?

scooterbuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
perth
No, but i have his number if you would like me to

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Up to you - we always welcome new Members (I suspect he isn't a Member here already) and I don't think we actually have many Installer Members up your way so as he appears to have done a good and reasonably priced job, there might be mutual benefit.

scooterbuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
perth
am i allowed to say who he is ?? web add etc on the forum, I think i will give him a call tomorrow to say thanks again and tell him about here, could work well for both partys

scooterbuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
perth
Would it be easy to add a 28e lnb to my 13e & 19e monoblock setup, i have a sky dish and a 1m dish but would be good to have them all on the same dish, as far as i can tell its setup to 13e as looking at the monoblock the right one is the one on the holder

Electron1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60 cm dish from Aldi(!)
Humax F2-Green
Multi LNB receiving 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E
FTA only
My Location
Macclesfield
I had already set up my 3 LNB set up (13E, 19E and 28.2E) on the patio, I got 80+% signal quality from all channels. I asked a local installer to put it on the wall. I had already done all the wiring, he asked £70. The downside was that Hotbird and Eutelsat channels now disappear when it rains. He said he'd come back and realign it, when it stops raining. I'm not holding my breath......

Picture is set up on patio before putting in disecq switch. View attachment 43940

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
They are chunky lnb holders. Looks like a dish misalignment to me on the installer side if you had it working.

Electron1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60 cm dish from Aldi(!)
Humax F2-Green
Multi LNB receiving 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E
FTA only
My Location
Macclesfield
The holder isn't quite long enough to stretch from 13E to 28.2E and it's difficult to get 13E and 19.2E LNBs close enough together so the final position of the dish is a compromise. Despite my request to the installer to simply move the dish and point for the best signal from Eurobird which would have been easy for him, he knew better and pointed it at Astra 1 (now 100%). And he bent my holder trying to get Hotbird.