Viark Sat 4k
Viark DRS2
Qviart Dual
BuzzTv XRS4500
Nvidia Shield
Eachlink X3 Mini 4/64gb
My Location
Leeds
I just tweaked the elevation and nova sport 2 is now up to 72%.

I'm going to order those bigger wing nuts today, hopefully those and a new lnb add a couple more percentage points.
Excellent that looks like a result.

Now send it to say 42e you should be getting on the Viark high 70s . When you get there flex the dish slightly up and down same at say 30w if you can improve on the signal by flexing the dish you not tracking the arc at optimum. Record if you flex dish left right or up and down to improve signal and let us know.

Offtensive

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q, GigaBlue UE 4K, Zone 1 28.2e, Zone 1 30W. Kathrein 1m 5W - 23E
My Location
Midlands
I’ve done a few tests today.

At 30W I moved the dish from side to side using the east west button and there was no change in signal. But when I decrease the elevation there’s a remarkable increase in signal quality.

For the eastern sats, I’ve only set it up to go as far 23.5E. It can get 28E but I’m using my zone 1 for that, and anything beyond that I don’t have line of sight for. For the strongest transponder I can increase signal quality by about 3db by increasing the elevation of the dish.

Is it a case of adjusting the elevation on the motor?

edit: updated findings for 23.5e

Last edited:

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
It sounds like the dish isn't centred correctly on the motor. If the dish is tracking high on the western sats and low on the east it suggests the whole motor needs to be rotated a little east on the pole. Then reposition the dish on the motor stub to compensate.

Offtensive

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Q, GigaBlue UE 4K, Zone 1 28.2e, Zone 1 30W. Kathrein 1m 5W - 23E
My Location
Midlands
It sounds like the dish isn't centred correctly on then motor. If the dish is tracking high on the western sats and low on the east it suggests the whole motor needs to be rotated a little east on the pole. Then reposition the dish on the motor stub to compensate.

Thanks. The dish does look slightly out of line on the motor (1st pic).

Is the height I’ve mounted it suitable or should I move that up too?

Attachments

• E7143FCE-5EFC-4860-BC39-DC97E961EFA6.jpeg
    E7143FCE-5EFC-4860-BC39-DC97E961EFA6.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 21
  • 8F1ED38E-333B-4025-877E-41BAC2A51F20.jpeg
    8F1ED38E-333B-4025-877E-41BAC2A51F20.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 20

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Put a mark on the middle of the bracket edge and line it up with the join/mould line on the motor stub. A little bit higher would give a tiny bit of extra clearance but otherwise there's no difference. Then rotate the motor assembly on the pole to maximise signal.

Ferret

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gigablue UE 4K
Octagon SF8008
Viark Sat 4k
Viark DRS2
Qviart Dual
BuzzTv XRS4500
Nvidia Shield
Eachlink X3 Mini 4/64gb
My Location
Leeds
Thanks. The dish does look slightly out of line on the motor (1st pic).

Is the height I’ve mounted it suitable or should I move that up too?
It is way out on the first pic get that central, the motor stub central line should be central in the window/hole of the dish clamp then send the dish to 0.8w. Now loosen the motor to mounting pole clamps and move the whole motor assembly left to right to max the signal out on 0.8w and then tighten the clamps evenly making sure you dont loose signal. Then max signal out via dish elevation.

dene

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OpenboxHD, Comaq, Ross SD, Receivers 1 FreesatfromSky+Card
3 Freesatfromsky. Quad LnB - 80cm Dish.13E/16E/19E/23.5E/28E
Location not good for 42E :( Win10
My Location
South Yorks
afternoon all great thread probably a very long time since i logged in,
got to move into a bungalow just waiting on a few bits to be sorted level access enterance wet room etc (health issues) going to try and set up a sky zone2 dish up for astra1 and 2. i have a fta box and a freesat 4kbox got a wideband lnb for freesat and a standard quad for astra1 going to try and set the dish up on astra2 and bodge the other lnb for astra1 at side of the wideband lnb - had a quick try stood outside holding the quad at side of the wideband set up on astra2 no joy gave up after 10 mins its very very cold today - my present dish for astra1-hotbird is at head height on the back garden so had a play with that. the bungalow has a old sky zone 1 dish single lnb out so that pole/mount will do the put the zone2 dish on. not 100% sure if a zone2 is the minimum, size ill need, not sure if a 80-90cm dish would look ok. bonus on the bungalow i can get a few more satellites here im stuck with astra1-2 and hotbird due to walls trees. bungalow location looks good round to 42E and more and other way satellites below 13E checked a few lnb brackets out for mounting 2 lnb on a dish theres a few various designs do they all work .
Regards Chris

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
afternoon all great thread probably a very long time since i logged in,
got to move into a bungalow just waiting on a few bits to be sorted level access enterance wet room etc (health issues) going to try and set up a sky zone2 dish up for astra1 and 2. i have a fta box and a freesat 4kbox got a wideband lnb for freesat and a standard quad for astra1 going to try and set the dish up on astra2 and bodge the other lnb for astra1 at side of the wideband lnb - had a quick try stood outside holding the quad at side of the wideband set up on astra2 no joy gave up after 10 mins its very very cold today - my present dish for astra1-hotbird is at head height on the back garden so had a play with that. the bungalow has a old sky zone 1 dish single lnb out so that pole/mount will do the put the zone2 dish on. not 100% sure if a zone2 is the minimum, size ill need, not sure if a 80-90cm dish would look ok. bonus on the bungalow i can get a few more satellites here im stuck with astra1-2 and hotbird due to walls trees. bungalow location looks good round to 42E and more and other way satellites below 13E checked a few lnb brackets out for mounting 2 lnb on a dish theres a few various designs do they all work .
Regards Chris
You should be able to pull in something, although holding it in position for testing may be difficult. I've got a couple of zone two dishes in the wild with two LNBs for Astras 1 and 2 working well, but i'm down south. Position to hold the Astra 2 LNB, to the West of ther Astra 1 LNB and a little higher, the reason I mention that, is that one of my customers was convinced that it had to be on the Eastern side because the satellite was, but hadn't taken into account the dish is a reflector. :)

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
I'm further north than dene and have a zone 2 pointing at 28.2°E with an offset 19.2°E LNB. Despite being offset some of the transponders are stronger than Europe beam TPs from 28.2°E, all have good rain margin.