deuxliquid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVB-T, DVB-S
My Location
Hanoi
Hi everybody,
I am a newcomer.
I want to know the if there is a technology or solution for multi-subtitle?
I suppose our content movies has two streams of subtitle: french and english. These two streams are embedded in content movies like DVD disk. At remote control of STB, can french user choose french subtitle and english user choose english subtile?

Thank you in advance!
Hai

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum deuxliquid

deuxliquid said:
Hi everybody,
I suppose our content movies has two streams of subtitle: french and english. These two streams are embedded in content movies like DVD disk. At remote control of STB,

No movies are produced with two soundtracks that I know of, some movies are modified then distributed to appropriate countries with data containing both translations.

Subtitles are added afterwards and could be in any chosen language

deuxliquid said:
can french user choose french subtitle and english user choose english subtile?

No the subtitles can only be in one language as far as I know but in theory many master copies can be produced containing subtitles for all the languages but only one language per DVD

deuxliquid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DVB-T, DVB-S
My Location
Hanoi
Topper said:
Welcome to the forum deuxliquid

No movies are produced with two soundtracks that I know of, some movies are modified then distributed to appropriate countries with data containing both translations.

Subtitles are added afterwards and could be in any chosen language

No the subtitles can only be in one language as far as I know but in theory many master copies can be produced containing subtitles for all the languages but only one language per DVD
Thank you very much for your answer!

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
deuxliquid said:
There is no term like multi-subtitle. If you mean the option to select the subtitling language yes it is posible.

deuxliquid said:
I suppose our content movies has two streams of subtitle: french and english.
It depends on the broadcaster. Any channel can be transmitted with a number of subtitling languages. For example, TV5 MONDE EUROPE in Hotbird carries subtitles in french, german and dutch. It is possible to have subtitles in two or more languages provided that the broadcaster transmits them.

Furthermore, Euroenews in Hotbird carries audio in english, french, german, italian, spanish, russian etc

Teletext can also be transmitted in various languages (one pid for each language).

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
deuxliquid said:
There is no term like multi-subtitle. If you mean the option to select the subtitling language yes it is posible.

deuxliquid said:
I suppose our content movies has two streams of subtitle: french and english.
It depends on the broadcaster. Any channel can be transmitted with a number of subtitling languages. For example, TV5 MONDE EUROPE in Hotbird carries subtitles in french, german and dutch. It is possible to have subtitles in two or more languages provided that the broadcaster transmits them.

Furthermore, Euroenews in Hotbird carries audio in english, french, german, italian, spanish, russian etc

Teletext can also be transmitted in various languages (one pid for each language).