Not open for further replies.

IrdetoPI

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Whatever it takes to test stuff
My Location
South Africa
Hi all,

Working for MultiChoice South Africa as a piracy investigator (someone has to do it ;)). Investigating card sharing and any other methods out there to hack our encryption. So far card sharing seems to be the only thing out there as Irdeto2 is pretty secure with little chance of a hard hack. You welcome to post info or contact me directly on QQ 135918 (www,qq,co,za) Maybe we can chat about this intressting field from both sides of the law :)

Richard_Hind

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSTV PVR from Multichoice SA (not suscribed at present). 3.4G PC.
My Location
Cape Town
Many of us have suddenly found ourselves unable to afford DSTV anylonger and forget to transfer movies etc off the PVR. Reading articles it seems that multichoice deem it illegal to do this.
A more lenient stance by Multichoice would be a sound marketing tool. At present they are making more enemies with monopolistic attitude and actually chasing away customers. When I can afford satelite TV again I would definitely look at other options as opposed to going back to DSTV as I have in the past. They are not being smart with their present attitude.
Maybe someone can knock some sense into the Multichoice directors. I don't know if they are the lazy anc types we have in goverment. That would probably explain their attitude and lack of insight of the situation.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Copy Protection is not unique to your neck of the woods.

Did you spot this Thread is from six years ago!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Time to put this one back to bed and let it slide back into the archives :)

Status
Not open for further replies.