Multicrypt?

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Yo, hi guys... back into the scene and as usual can't be arsed trawling the web for info!
Budget buy.... new apollo with multicrypt (no cam slots) on HB but going diseqc, was given a cheeky card for HB, but what is multicrypt?... or more to the point what esle can I do with it?, just bought an infinty on the off chance of some card action (though I guess the 16c84 pcb's aren't much use now ;)..... adult, movies (not critical, have sky (sky+) movies).... not bothered about footy, just wanting to have a play around with PC, proggy and reciever, thanks in advance:-Cbigsmil

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum stealthpirate

What was your previous incarnation then????

Multicrypt allows two different encryption systems to co-exist in the same receiver. The signal is sent sequentially through different conditional access modules in set-top box

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that the apollo is also supposed to allow manual key updates as well.

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
toppervte33h said:
Welcome to the forum stealthpirate

What was your previous incarnation then????

None really my good man ;), though may have tralwed to odd dudz page.... t'was a sad day when the 508 (ip, no less) and the philips D2Mac (proper one, not a convert!) was retired to the bin.... remember when pic & prom codes were everywhere... must stop... I'm filling up.

Get the basics of the multicrypt working as a inbuilt cam, what I meant is what encryption is it? via?, con? other? ...... and is there owt else to look at, say with a funcard 4,5,6,7,8,9...20 (so many now!)
Gonna have it on PC to play, 'cos sat in front of it most nights, though not much patience for feeds and and other kagool wearing pastimes ;)

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yorkshire
rolfw said:
I believe that the apollo is also supposed to allow manual key updates as well.

Saw another thread saying it didn't work, but hey, I'll let you know.... I only bought it on a whim (was a the wholesalers picking up some stock for work, satellite trade subies.... mainly sky!), just over a ton for STB, 80cm dish (a bit pony) & LNB. just ordered a disecq motor off ebay (new 35 notes, superjack), will be nailing it to the wall over xmas.... when I scrape out some old holes ;)