multiple Viaccess CAMs without annoying popup ?

Swissitude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000
My Location
Switzerland
So, I've read the idiots guide, searched the forum, Googled for a day and still can't get rid of the annoying popup message "No right for Video" while zapping between bouquets.

I have a Dreambox dm8000 with two red Viaccess CAMs, running Enigma 2.5-2009-09-10 . All clean and legal. When I zap between two encrypted channels the box pops up a message saying "Viaccesss module : no right for video, no right for audio, OK to return to the main menu". Seems like it checks each CAM in turn and message popup appears if at least one CAM does not have the right card.

Note that I can see the video perfectly well, and just have to press OK after each channel change.

I've used the "Common Interface Assignment" from the setup menu with either services or providers but always the same result.

Questions:
- can I disable that popup message ?
- is there a CI assignment plugin that works in this case ?
- should I just give up and install Gemini & CCcam ? !!
- should I learn how to (cross)compile and get the sources ? :-googly

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
... and keep up the good work, great forum !

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From memory if you go into the CAM menu for the individual CAMs, you can switch off the warning messages.

Swissitude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000
My Location
Switzerland
hmm, I just see two options:
- Multiple service support (yes, no, auto : no effect when I do that)
- High bit-rate support (yes, no : CAM resets if I choose that)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hmm, OK sorry, just tried my old Viaccess CAM and couldn't find that setting, it must have been in the Diablo CAM menu.:)

Swissitude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000
My Location
Switzerland
no problem ... I'm reading about oozoon and stuff, maybe I'll just take the plunge and scrap the factory-installed image in a few days.

Swissitude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000
My Location
Switzerland
All working now since I moved to Nabilo BH with CCcam_212 & Newcs_167 and inserted the 2 cards into the built-in readers ... however my new problem is that when the keys change my cards do not get updated automatically via the satellite. I have to remove the card from the built-in slot and put it back into a red CAM module in a CI slot, then I select the channel and wait a couple of minutes for the update, and then return the card to the internal slot. This isn't very user-friendly :-(
Any ideas ?

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Possibly the same issue as the new 0963 card. Try using MgCamd as the client instead of CCcam. Make sure you enable AU in both NewCS and MGCamd configs.