MultiProg V1.80, MP3.5 Serial(Elvis) & Dragon loader Card

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
Hi, before I purchase a Dragon Cam could some one with experience of the above please tell me if both are compatible. I have recently had the firmware updated to v1.10 on the MP3.5 Serial. No problems with either Fun or Titanium cards. Many thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that it has 6Mhz capability in phoenix mode so should be fine.

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
rolfw said:
I believe that it has 6Mhz capability in phoenix mode so should be fine.
Yeah its there but when I select POWER ON, only the Phoenix 3.58Mhz or SmartMouse 3.58Mhz are available. The 6Mhz is greyed out. I wonder how I should go about selecting the 6Mhz? I've sent Adteknik an email but no reply as yet. If I find out I'll post back but if anyone else knows then feel free. Cheers.

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
I've just found this on Adtekniks site http://www.adteknik.se/english/faq.htm

There is also phoenix/smartmouse interfaces operating at other speeds than 3.58MHz, for example 6MHz but the Multiprogrammer 3.5 will only use 3.58MHz, this is normally no problem because all cards can be run with 3.58MHz and most phoenix/smartmouse software can adjust the baudrate on the comport to suit with the 3.58MHz oscillator.

As I understand it Dragon Loader V1.0.0.1 requires the the programmer to be in Phoenix 6Mhz mode. I can load up the latest Dragon file to the Multiprog 3.5 but can not test to see if it will load a Dragon Card as I do not possess one. For the sake of it I tried the predator file on a titanium card and the message to update firmware came up. I tried the Dragon Loader software and it failed to recognise the Multiprog in Phoenix 3.58Mhz. From the charts offered by Adteknik the MP3.6 USB appears to work but only with the most recent firmware. Unless there is an alternative Dragon Loader that can adjust the baudrate of the 3.58Mhz then I will have to look at the updated USB version. Blast...

whatpassword

Reaction score
My Location
Beds
Got the below reply this am from Adteknik regarding the MP3.5 Serial.

Hi!
You cannot program the dragon card the normal way with this equipment.
If you have a FUN7 dragoncard there is an alternative way, using Multiprog Utility 1.80, you can simply program your card as if it was a funcard 7.

Anyone know where I can purchase a Fun 7. Did a Google search and not much joy. Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Probably nearly as cheap to buy youself a new programmer, there are some pretty cheap ones which can operate at 6Mhz.