Multiroom with Sky and Hotbird

mattp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
basic sky digibox
My Location
se london
Hi

New to the site but looking at putting in multiroom as a DIY install.

At present I have a standard sky dish and Pace/Sky digibox and a spare digibox (unconnected at present).

However I need to add multiroom and to be able to pick-up Hotbird. I want to be able to view the same selection of channels in both rooms, but not at the same time so the two rooms need to be independant.

Hope the above is clear.

Is it worthwhile adding Astra 1 19.2E at the same time. We are trying to get access to Russian/Ukrainian TV channels.

Is there a guide on this site or can some-one point me in the right direction as to what equipment I will require, cabling diagrams, software etc and any installation tools to achieve the above.

kr
matt

Lust for Life

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
basic satelitte setup, recieving some channels from hot bird,
intelsat 12, hotbird 6,7, amos 1,2 atlantic bi, nilesat 101, hispasat 1c, eurobird 9, eutelsat w2 plus many others
My Location
Manchester
Hi Matt,

just out of interest which television do you have, reason why I ask is that I recently purchased a television which has a satellite receiver built in so I can receive Russian television channels through that via hot bird, if you have another receiver you could then set that up for astra, not sure you could then connect this to another television if not you could have Astra in one room and Hotbird in another, not sure this is of any help to you
Dawn

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, before you go jumping in with a a dish for Hotbird, have a look around the other satellites to see what channels are available from where, you will then be able to make an informed decision.

19E, seems to be of no use to you at all for Russian/Ukraine FTA.

Check out this site for info on FTA channels

_http://www.flysat.com/tv-ua.php
_http://www.flysat.com/tv-ru.php

5E and 13E may be a better option for you.

Viewing two satellites in up to 4 rooms is very straightforward, fit quad LNBs, and a diseqc switch for each receiver you want to connect.