rezza22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 HD
Samsung 46" LCD 1080p
My Location
London
Hi guys,

I have recently refurbished the house and included in the rewire were two sat coax cables and two cat5 going to every room from one single location.

I want to be able to make the end sockets live and be able to put a receive at any of the rooms. I wish to be able to receieve SKYUK, ArabSat and HotBird.

From what I gather i need a multiswitch connected to 3x quattro lnbs. I was wondering would it be okay to connect the lnbs straight into a multiswitch without an amp in between?

I will also have a TV Aerial and DAB Aerial connected to the multiswitch is there an amp needed?

I would appreciate any advice people have with such a set up and would also like to know where I can get these devices? I see only triax 17input version can do this, where about can I buy this??

Thanks for your time reading this

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
Hello
there may be a small problem here.
the sky uk box dose no suport multiswitch at all.
other than that you would need receivers that do.
the multiswitch would have to be 12 input with as many outputs as drops.
if you have 8 drops in the house you would need an 8 output multiswitch.

so you would need
1.. dish big enough for your location to receive 3 satellite locations
2. .12 input 8 output.
3.. a line run from each mounting plate to the switch without any brakes in the line
if you have a pvr then you will need 2 lines to the plate
the dish will have to be set up by some one professional
this is to insure all 3 lnb are pointing to all 3 sat possions.
each lnb will have separate horz. and vert poll ,band high and low.
if you cross any wire and connect it to the wrong spot it will not work at all.
but the sky uk box will not support the disec tone needed to switch from sat A,sat B and sat c.
all free to air boxes will.
or you would need 2 boxes at each spot.
one free to air for free arib sat and hotbird and one for sky only
how many rooms are you seting up??
ralph

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Have a look here _http://www.sateuropa.co.uk/overview.asp?catid=12&subcat=11 or _http://www.southernsat.co.uk/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=934 for multiswitches, Sateuropa and Southern Satellite are both reliable retailers and help support the forum.

A nonymous

Reaction score
The fact that Sky boxes do not support DISEqC cammands isn't a major issue. You just make sure 28.2e is on SAT1 (Port 1) .

The easiest way to do this would be to set it up so that on both outlets you have Sky on both sat 1 & 2, 13e on sat 1 and 26e on sat 2. I'm going to guess you have no more than 8 rooms in the property so the following setup should work for you.

If you don't want to use an amp i would suggest using Vision equipment as their switches have gain on both the terrestrial and sat outputs.

You will need a Vision V24-310 triplexer for the aerials, a V9-204 Splitter, 2x V9-908 multiswitches, 3x quattro lnbs of any specific brand, and a Vision V5-024 powerpack to power the system. Do not use quad lnbs they will not work.

When you have triplexed the signals from the aerials run the feed to the terr input on the splitter also run the 4 wire from the 28e lnb to the input on the splitter.

From the splitter run the 5 wires from the output to the corresponding inputs on the multiswitch. Make sure the 28e feed goes to SAT A otherwise it won't work.

You then connect the remaining lnbs outputs (13e & 26e) to the sat b input on the multiswitches. 13e to one switch 26e to the other.

The only thing you have to watch with the V9 range is that the outputs from the switch are not all the same. Make sure you connect the points that are furthest away to the higher level output at the top of the switch and the nearest points to the lower outputs at the bottom of the switch. This shouldn't be an issue if you have marked the cables. If you haven't you will need to get a tone tester and trace the cables.

Also make sure all the system is correctly earthed to the the buildings PME ( Earth block in the meter cupboard, usually near the main fuse )

Nano

rezza22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 HD
Samsung 46" LCD 1080p
My Location
London
Hi again guys,

Thanks for your replies, however I am still not done anything so I was doing some research earlier with the advice on board, would you think this would be a more cost effective to buy this 17x16 multiswitch from triax?

_http://www.satellitesuperstore.co.uk/multiswitch.htm#17in

Would I need to amplifer the signal from the quartro lnb?

appreciate any advice

thank you for your time

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
sounds like you are setting up a small hotel.
usualy if you are using a big enough dish you will not need a amp on each line.
if you are using one dish for sky uk at 28 and 26 and another dish for13 degrees it should be ok.
one can use one dish if it is big enough.
some mulitswitches have slope and amp adjustments on each input.
so amps on each run will not be needed.
remember the sky box will not switch from one sat to another via the switch.
but free to air boxes will.
but a free to air box will pick up free channels. and it should pick up bbc 1 ,2,3 and itv on astra 2d in the uk.
ralph