My 60cm FTA haul....Ongoing

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
So since the end of December (weather permitting) i've been logging how many FTA channels i can receive on my 60cm protable dish set up around 4 foot of the ground on a portable tripod. Its not exhaustive but gives you an idea of what to expect on a certain satellite and whether you might decide you set up on that satellite in the future. Some are probably not worth the effort for how many FTA you get. I havent searched for the weakest signal and spent peaking the signal , so the list would be higher i'm sure,just set up on a moderate transponder and peaked that. So below we have each satellite group with the amount of FTA channels i can get on a Technomate 3000D (SD only) using a SATLINK 6906 on an icecrypt twin lnb on a commtel 60cm,here in the midlands on good sunny days......(and i know some are missing,i'll add them later)

SATELLITE GROUP FTA

Intelsat 12 45E 1
Turksat 42E 232
Hella Sat 39E 24
Eutelsat 36E 11
Eutelsat 33E 2
Astra 28E 321
Badr 26E Couldnt receive this on the 60cm.
Astra 23.5E 24
Eutelsat 21E 1
Astra 19E 406
Eutelsat 16E 54
Hotbird 13E 511
Eutelsat 10E Havent done this yet.
Eutelsat 9E 65
Eutelsat 7E 43
Astra 4.8E 46
Thor 0.8W 51
Eutelsat 5W 26
Eutelsat 8W 13
Telstar 15W 14
SES 22W 5
Intelsat 24.5W 2
Intelsat 27.5W 4
Hispasat 30W 110

I realise some are missing and i will add them when the weather is better but i wanted to get this out incase it might be of use to anybody curious about whats available on a small dish.
 
Yes, it's amazing what can be done with only a modest sized dish.
 
Twas a sacrifice too.... might feet are freezing after standing in the remains of the snow on the lawn this morning doing blind scans.
 
Great results. One of these days I'm going to find a location where I can take a look at Turksat 42E...
 
Timo,I watch that satellite more than astra 28E, lots of music, entertainment and 3 sports channels (maybe more). Hispasat would be nice for me,cant get that far round with the TD88 on the wall.
 
Piltdownpaul said:
Timo,I watch that satellite more than astra 28E, lots of music, entertainment and 3 sports channels (maybe more). Hispasat would be nice for me,cant get that far round with the TD88 on the wall.
Problem is my apartment in Helsinki has a west facing balcony, about 30E is as far as I can physically see and I don't think the signal is too good here anyway. In the UK I've got so many trees and fences in the way I might struggle there too but may give it a go in the summer.

As for Hispasat, well I've got a spare dish looking at [cough] 27.5W at the moment so I might nudge that over a few degrees seeing as it's not doing much at the moment...
 
Over 100 Fta for me anytime on Hisp 30W,very little on 27.5 here.
 
timo_w2s said:
Great results. One of these days I'm going to find a location where I can take a look at Turksat 42E...
I get this pretty strong with an LNB right at the end of the T-90's guiderail (it's centred on 19.2E). I also get 45E with an Inverto multiconnect hanging off the end (also pretty good signal).
 
I reckon there's about 40 or so weak transponders on turksat though, i couldnt pick them up on the td88 when the lnb was at the end of the bracket centred on 19.2E. Since i have a dedicated dish pointing right at it i get those 40 and they dont suffer from rain fade too much.
 
Piltdownpaul said:
Over 100 Fta for me anytime on Hisp 30W,very little on 27.5 here.

{cough} There are some nice Feeds of interest to Fringies.
 
Tivù said:
{cough} There are some nice Feeds of interest to Fringies.
:-wow Know where you're coming from my friend!!!!
 
Piltdownpaul said:
I reckon there's about 40 or so weak transponders on turksat though, i couldnt pick them up on the td88 when the lnb was at the end of the bracket centred on 19.2E. Since i have a dedicated dish pointing right at it i get those 40 and they dont suffer from rain fade too much.
Well, I only get the west beam on 42E. Not a sausage on the east beam.
 
With a big enough dish the east beam on Turk 3A should be possible in the UK. 1.8m would be a likely starting point.
 
Bit big for me! (Testing access with an old pc with linux fedora installed).
 
Analoguesat said:
With a big enough dish the east beam on Turk 3A should be possible in the UK. 1.8m would be a likely starting point.
I'm about 750km SE of London, but my chances of being able to put up even something smaller than that are slim. The T-90 itself is on the large side for my wife's taste.... (especially since my cabling isn't particularly tidy)
 
hairybadger said:
I'm about 750km SE of London, but my chances of being able to put up even something smaller than that are slim. The T-90 itself is on the large side for my wife's taste.... (especially since my cabling isn't particularly tidy)
Same story here i'm afraid HB although my cabling's acceptable!
 
Thanks Hixxy1,nonecks and hairybadger
 
Back
Top