My 60cm FTA haul....Ongoing

its been a lovely day here in sheffield, ive been out most of the day in the fields metal detecting, i do hope the good weather is heading your way :-).
 
Been gorgeous today,unfortunately ive been grafting in a filthy garage at work all morning and shopping with the better half this afto so my Saturday disappeared.
 
7763933208_b1787c4bbc_b.webp

I'd have to squeeze it between lnb 3 from left(the quad) 28E and 23.5 Astra 4th from left. Cant see that happening.....


This is an old photo,things arent quite the same on the brackets at the moment.
 
Tivù said:
BADR is an oddity as the gettable bits are actually quite strong, but not so strong as 28E: Meaning the crucial issue for modest (60 - 90cm) dishes is the fact that their relatively wide acceptance angle allows 28E to swamp 26E.

When you get to 1m and above, where the narrower beamwidth allows better discrimination, the actual strength and quality of the gettable 26E Transponders is surprisingly high. Nevertheless, it can still be necessary to fire a few tenths shy of 26E to improve 28E rejection without unduly compromising the wanted signal.
I got a 65cm dish and was able to get two frequencys 12130 V 27500 (Dubai One) & 11958 H 27500 I can not get anything on 12182 H 16200
 
Piltdownpaul said:
attachicon.gif
7763933208_b1787c4bbc_b.jpg

I'd have to squeeze it between lnb 3 from left(the quad) 28E and 23.5 Astra 4th from left. Cant see that happening.....


This is an old photo,things arent quite the same on the brackets at the moment.
wave frontier it is then :-righton :-hide <a>
16.gif
</a>
 
Thats some serious stuff and there's no way thats going on the side of the house on full view of everbody in the street. I'd rather go motorized. I have 14lnb allocations available,so far i have in mind,28E,23.5E,21E,19E,16E,13E,9E,7E,4.8E,0.8W,5W,?,?,?

(The other 2 allocations are on my 60cm on the back of the garage)
 
i am very lucky where ive moved to paul, any dish can go at garden level, if sited central in my garden, i have plans for a big dish when money permits, ive already installed pull wires for cables under the floor :-),
 
Piltdownpaul said:
Thats some serious stuff and there's no way thats going on the side of the house on full view of everbody in the street. I'd rather go motorized. I have 14lnb allocations available,so far i have in mind,28E,23.5E,21E,19E,16E,13E,9E,7E,4.8E,0.8W,5W,?,?,?
I have these covered by my T-90, as well as 3E, 10E(same LNB as 9E), also going further round to the east up to 45E on the end of an extension arm. Reception is fine all the way across, although the rain margin at the extremities (5W and 45E) is slim at best.
 
Adding Express AM22 53E received 16 FTA.
 
SATELLITE GROUP FTA

Express AM22 53E 16
Intelsat 12 45E 1
Turksat 42E 232
Hella Sat 39E 24
Eutelsat 36E 11
Eutelsat 33E 2
Astra 28E 321
Badr 26E Couldnt receive this on the 60cm.
Astra 23.5E 24
Eutelsat 21E 1
Astra 19E 406
Eutelsat 16E 54
Hotbird 13E 511
Eutelsat 10E Havent done this yet.
Eutelsat 9E 65
Eutelsat 7E 43
Astra 4.8E 46
Thor 0.8W 51
Eutelsat 5W 26
Eutelsat 8W 13
Telstar 15W 14
SES 22W 5
Intelsat 24.5W 2
Intelsat 27.5W 4
Hispasat 30W 110
 
Ta Tivu,calling it a day, my ears are too cold with the odd flurry of snow landing on them.
 
I had to move the dish onto the drive on the front of the house to get 53E as it was blocked in the rear garden and that satellite is quite low really. Only a bungalow about 60 feet away to limit the signal.
 
Thanks AS and Martin.
 
Back
Top