My dreambox is broke!!!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Here we go again! After fixing the long standing problem with my three boxes (signal problem), somebody in my house who is not owning up has gone and tried to see if a dreambox 7020s bounces. The results of this test have shown that in fact a dreambox does not bounce, irrespective of the height from which it was dropped!

So now I have a dreambox that does not work...surprise surprise! It comes on, however nothing shows on the LCD screen (not even the initial dreambox logo), nothing it outputted to the TV.

Simple question, can I get this repaired under the warranty (bought 5 - 6 months ago) considering what I have done to it firmware wise etc.

Yes, you've guessed right, me not happy chappy, am looking for blood....alot of it!

Please give me good news...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
No chance you can claim it on your household insurance, (as they'll never figure out what it is)?

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
if youre sending it back Dream, just flash it with the latest official image from Dream ...

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I would have done wally, but I dont think it's in a state to be flashed with anything. Interesting BGonaSTICK, I've got Direct Line insurance, what would I say, does home insurance cover stuff like this?

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you've got accidental damge. It's a satellite receiver, all thet need to know.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
yazooo said:
I would have done wally, but I dont think it's in a state to be flashed with anything.

oh, of course, silly me ! :-doh!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I don't mind a swift kick in the unmentionables for saying this when it's clearly too late to help in this case, but this is another very good reason for having a standard image in flash, and all your cool stuff on a USB stick.

Also, you can swallow it when the pigs turn up... O-Ha:-rofl2O-Ha:-rofl2O-Ha

OldBen

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax TD110 with multi LNB 28.5E, 23.5E, 19E, 13E Inverto Black Ultra's (Black Premium on 28.5) into multiswitch. VU+ Duo. Emitor Satlook Lite meter.(Retired: Technomate 1500CI+, Moteck DG2100 DisEqC Motor, Metronic 85cm Clear Dish, Invacom 0.3db LNB
My Location
UK
yazooo said:
So now I have a dreambox that does not work...surprise surprise! It comes on, however nothing shows on the LCD screen (not even the initial dreambox logo), nothing it outputted to the TV.
Not sure if this helps... but it depends if you feel like opening the box (if you have already fitted a disk etc then I am sure you are ok with this!).

I once had a problem with a Marantz Amp where I moved it carefully accross a room and then only had one of the two channels when I next turned it on! Turned out the slight movement had dislodged a ribbon cable internally, the excellent shop near where I used to live simply reseated it problem solved (and no charge!).

If its been bounced, and you feel like opening the case, you may want to check if anything obvious is loose...

Worked for me, once, your mileage may vary ;)

Paul.

(PS Amp still going strong 10 years... they don't build em like that any more!)

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I might just open it up n have a look. Spoke to Direct Line, they want a copy of the front cover of the manual, and a quote, which I am getting from the place I bought the original. Looks they will cover it, with 50quid excess which is better than a poke in the eye!

Cheers BGonaSTICK, you deserve a swift kick in the gonads, but excellent advice all the same for my other current boxes, and the new one to come!!

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Meh, I spent over 1200 quid at hisat, so I thought I would ask them to sort me out with a quote for a dreambox7020s, and I even said once the money comes through, I would buy it from then again. They tell me 10 quid administration costs for a letter...unbelievable!!!!! To think I once would have recommended them, now I don't think so! Nice, I tell you, nice!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
We have had a variety of bad reports regarding that retailer, and whilst we don't like to slag suppliers off, let's just say I wouldn't recommend them. At all.

Get a quote from somewhere like satellite superstore. Relaible, if not cheap. In this case, you don't care about the price.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Cheers for the tip, will get in contact with them.