My first toroidal 90 multi dish install with 20 lnbs

Huevos said:
1) You are watching channel 1, press record and then switch to channel 2. Recording is on tuner A. Viewing on tuner B.
2) Switch to channel 2 first. Press EPG highlight channel 1 and press record. Recording is on tuner B. Viewing on tuner A.
OK, thanks, will explore this later. But it seems to me that even before I went for separate tuners setups I had issue "no free tuner".
 
Huevos said:
It is more or less the same as zapping a normal channel. Have a look here (2x Spaun uncommited and 1x Spaun committed in cascade). :D

[video=youtube;GQft0sUNA5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQft0sUNA5s[/video]

My meter shows zero difference in signal to noise (Spaun switches) and a minute difference in gross signal (maybe equivelent to a couple of meters of cable).


Thank you very much for the detailed answer.

You are very lucky having stong signals.
Unfortunately I am in the UAE, and few of the channels are just above the tuner threshhold of the tuner.
A slope correction amlifier helps with some channels but not all.

AT90 is a good solution for the stronger satellites (in my area) but not suitable for others.
I am playing with one now but there is very little you can do when the tempreture is 45 degrees centigrade in the shade!

Using a 6 feet solid just to get part of the signal from 16E.

Regards
BM300
 
godzillafan said:
more updates to follow - showly getting there
More than a year has passed, are there any updates? Disappointment or what?
 
Hello,
I am looking for the extra bar with LNB holders used with this dish.
Can anyone please suggest any suppliers?
 
BM300 said:
I am looking for the extra bar with LNB holders used with this dish.
Can anyone please suggest any suppliers?
I've bought some holders from Transplanet in France. I don't know what you mean by "extra bar" - as far as I know it only takes one, although I know people extend it (personally I have Inverto multiconnects hanging off the end). I've seen them cheaper but don't remember where. I have no idea what shipping costs to the UAE would be.
 
From what I remember, Godzillafan made up his own custom bar from what looks like four universal multi sat bars, like this

http://www.2galli.fr/boutique/fiche_produit.cfm?ref=Sup_4_ANC_&type=70&code_lg=lg_fr&num=51

I think he had to source brackets to attach the bars to the T90 rail and probably LNB holders which allowed him the close spacing he was looking to achieve. If you are going to attempt anything like this you'll have to think "outside the box" and look for non dish items which you can get to work. For instance I've managed to get narrow throated LNB's working close to each other by using central heating pipe clamps. I don't think you'll find anyone who supplies an extended bar specifically for the T90. Spare LNB holders to fit the T90 are relatively easy to obtain. Try hmsat.de I'm certain they would deliver to the UAE.
 
Many thanks for your extremly helpful reply <a class="" href="http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/user/310216-sonnetpete/" title=""><span>sonnetpete</a></span>


Please accept my warmest regards.
 
Well I think receiving these satellites in the UK is workable:

28e, 23.5e, 19.2e, 16e, 13e, 10/9e, 5e, 1w.

They are the main ones with a few English channels. It is the expense though that may put off some people. I mean the dish itself costs at least £130 to import from Germany. The extra LNB holders would cost you an extra £25 roughly. How much would the LNB's cost? I would need a 60mm 2metre long pole, 2 60mm u brackets, a couple of 8in1out switches. An installer to install it all.

Not sure it is worth the money just to pick up another dozen or so English speaking channels.
 
2 daro2096: Are you speaking about watching TV or some kind of hobby? If first, than, you probably right. But if second than who cares :-DOH2
 
daro2096 said:
Not sure it is worth the money just to pick up another dozen or so English speaking channels.
If you're thinking like that don't bother. A motorised system is much cheaper. Personally though I love my WF90, especially the fast zapping. Means I can arrange my channel lists in any order I want.
 
Completely out of topic: Son said to father: Father! I was running behind the bus today and saved 2 euros! Father replied: If you were running behind the taxi, you would probably save about 20 euros!
 
RimaNTSS said:
2 daro2096: Are you speaking about watching TV or some kind of hobby? If first, than, you probably right. But if second than who cares :-DOH2
I can't see the point of watching a station that doesn't speak my language. I already got 19.2e which I hardly ever look at. Just about all the English speaking stations are already on 28.2e.
 
Huevos said:
If you're thinking like that don't bother. A motorised system is much cheaper. Personally though I love my WF90, especially the fast zapping. Means I can arrange my channel lists in any order I want.
If I didn't already have a dish up I would probably go at a t90.
 
daro2096 said:
I can't see the point of watching a station that doesn't speak my language. I already got 19.2e which I hardly ever look at. Just about all the English speaking stations are already on 28.2e.
If that's what you think there's no point trying to enlighten you. Also if you're after stuff in English 19.2E is not the place to look.
 
<span><span>The fun of watching so many channels is learning about so many culures.</span></span>
<span><span>If you pick one forign word from each chanel you watch everyime, </span></span>think how much you will learn.
 
daro2096 said:
I can't see the point of watching a station that doesn't speak my language. I already got 19.2e which I hardly ever look at. Just about all the English speaking stations are already on 28.2e.
I watch a multitude of channels from numerous satellites across the arc, predominately sport and movies. Many of them offer an original language option, especially films which are mostly filmed in English if they are cinematic blockbusters, series ditto and as for sport who needs the commentators ramblings?

BM300 said:
<span><span>The fun of watching so many channels is learning about so many culures.</span></span>
<span><span>If you pick one forign word from each chanel you watch everyime, </span></span>think how much you will learn.
Totally agree with you, you very quickly start to build an understanding of a foreign language.
 
daro2096 said:
I can't see the point of watching a station that doesn't speak my language. I already got 19.2e which I hardly ever look at. Just about all the English speaking stations are already on 28.2e.
Its horses for courses. My insanely complicated dish set up - 10 dishes and 15 or 16 lnbs is simply because I love searching for new channels and seeing if I can push the limits of the equipment ever further. Im not really interested in the languages or the programming, although over the years Ive picked up a few words of a dozen or more languages :)

I watch very little UK tv - our Sky UK basic sub is more to keep the missus happy than for anything else. An occasional football game - (I enjoyed the Tahiiti - Spain game the other evening), TOTP reruns on BBC4 & the F1 and Im happy.

In an evening Id rather have my rock music on than watch the telly..
 
Back
Top