Huevos said:
If your 19E worked when you had the dish level but moved along the bar when you skewed the dish, the only explanation I can think of is the pole has not been erected straight. Anyway leave the skew at 105º, put the 19E LNB back in the centre and get it aligned on 19E. Then worry about the othe LNBs. But if your pole is not straight these figures are all pretty meaningless.
Cheers H
its had be baffled for a while, I can't figure whats going on.
Bascially 19E was on 0 and its worked (after we did tohose last mins 6mms moves)
28E fitted while level when 19 was on 0 and both worked well.
Things changed a little when we skw the dish - at first on 105 we got nothing on 0 (19)
then
I moved backwards to see when it did work and that was on 95ish 0/19.
Had to nail 105 so I did on 105 - I fixed the dish - I played with the lnb for 19E and it stopped on about mark 2 on the bar and not the 0.
So I was two out, but seem to follow the line perfectly
28, 16 and 13 all slotted onto the bar on its numbers as I was counted away from 19.
so to the left side 28 was on mark 7
and on the right side 16 on mark 5, 13 onmark 8.
I know we are two out and its got to be something.
The pole - when we put that up, I used the level to make sure it was level. The only thing I can think of, is it was level when fixed, but when the dish was put on, the weight and tight/fixing of that maybe moved the pole by a mms as it took the wt and strain.
Ok maybe a few mms out - sure fine tuning should kick in
I am thinking
back a few stages.
First I had 19 on 0 and was trying to put 28 on and we moved the dish left by 6mms so both lined up - we put a pencil mark on the pole and moved the dish. After this 19 and 28 worked.
How about I moved that back to orginal position original pencil line so moving it by 6mms to the right this time - would that not mean that 19 will therefore need to move from 2 towards the 0 and 28 and the other will need to move aswell in line with the 6mms.
Do you thing that 6mms stage might of changed things a bit
seems the lnbs are picking up signals after the skw move - so skw could be about right, but just out on the bar
any thoughts on the 6mms?
nearly there
worst case - I lose some W sats - well everything after 1W - unless i get anything from the overhanging bar at the edge of the dish and on the opposite side the E I am adding a few degrees.
Do I move 6mms first or try seeing how close I can get to 0 with 19 and see what happens