Huevos said:Lanab, your PM is full up.
GZ, just set up the meter app on the Vu+ and stream it to your laptop or mobile phone.
godzillafan said:HI Guys
Just out of interest anyone using the T90 to get West stats - 0.8 to 30W?
Whats possibe in UK and whats not? I think there is about 12 sats - 0.8,5,8,11,12.5,15,18,22,24.5,27.5,30W. I am unsure about 4 and 7
anyone confirm the numbers
godzillafan said:I had planned to put the sat dish on the back beams, which are a few inches thick.
godzillafan said:The plan is this position the other sat for 12.5w to 30w on there (behind the fence)
is the sight for signals ok?
sonnetpete said:The back beams of where exactly?
I can't see any line of sight problems, though obviously mounting a dish on a wood post (if that's what you meant) isn't going to be as stable (or as true) as a brick wall.
godzillafan said:There is 3 beams on the other side of the fence 1 in each corner and 1 in the middle.
sonnetpete said:Well, I'd have to say that's a no-no for a couple of reasons; (a) if you're going to mount a sizeable dish on a wooden beam it will be subject to an amount of wind loading, which may eventually pull out the screws or at least slacken them and alter your alignment. (b) If you're intent on going on the other side of that fence, that bush to the right of due south may well block a line of sight, especially for 30°W. Further back from the fence and to the left might be ok, though I guess a dish on tripod screwed into the decking might be a step too far for your other half. (I have no neighbours to object and being widowed, can pretty well please myself what I put up and where.)
I'd have a rethink about the Westerly dish, in fact I'd leave it till you have all the others up and running.