My first toroidal 90 multi dish install with 20 lnbs

On your advanced config screen have you set each LNB up with a different number? (E.G. 28°E LNB1; 19°E LNB2 etc) Also, you'll need to assign the inputs and I think if it's just a 4/1 switch it will either AA, AB, BB or BA and/or input1, 2 etc. Check on the order of switching too. (sorry but I'm really not sure of how to set the VU+ up for just a 4/1 switch)

Have you got a screenshot of your advanced config screen?
 
hi S

I started off using your specs and mollsam sopecs (from vu+ thread) just to see if it works but nothing

so it must be something else
 
17.58 update

ok trying the aa,ab, bb, ba roiute and scanning that - more info shortly
 
Having had a trawl through Youtube I think if you set it up as LNB 1 (whichever sat that might be) will be AA, LNB 2 AB, LNB3 etc. Basically if it doesn't work play around with those settings until it does. Start from a basic advanced config page and isregard both of our specs for now as they aren't for such a simple switch arrangement as you have on there right now.
 
18.06
update

I think its working!

So far at 40% scanned 2500+ channels

that is 13 scanned and at 19e is still running.

I will only know it works once everyhting is finished

more updates to follow
 
18.41 update


its working........

but this was meant to be the easy one a 16/1 or 20/1 ig going to be harder
 
Well yes and no.....you've cracked the initial set up. If you're methodical, patient and prepared to tweak the settings if it doesn't work I'm sure you'll get there. Well done anyway.
 
godzillafan said:
a 16/1 or 20/1 ig going to be harder
I thought you were using a 16:1 switch already. If not you are just making things difficult in the long run.
 
Hi Guys

Thanks S for the extra help (AA etc), man they do my head in. Putting a TV aerial was much easier than this!

HI H, yes the 16/1 and 20/1 is the main - after a few weeks of rain and poor weather its our first wee in the garden for a month and a half. After the lawn, fence repair, TV aerial I finally got to the sat.

I dare not try the 16/1 until I figured out the advance system hence the mad updates and headaches. The 4/1 was atest to see if it works and i can get a feel or understand the advance section.

After the scan I managed to get over 4800 channels on 13/19/26/28 to see if they work. Scanned a few through and so far they are fine.

Next is to put up the 10/1 (x2), I am planning now to put 1 up and scan to see how well the system copes.

Once thats done, I am going to work out putting a 10/1 into the 4/1 emp (slot 1) and see how to tune that via the vu+. I am guess that it will change all the setting or they will be different.

Then repeat the process with 2x 10/1 into slot 1 and 2 of the emp 4/1 (hope that makes sense).

I am going to take it a step at a time as this is harder than actually putting up the dish!
 
godzillafan said:
after a few weeks of rain and poor weather its our first wee in the garden for a month and a half.

Blimey I do that all the time regardless of the weather....it's supposed to keep the foxes away......
 
sonnetpete said:
Blimey I do that all the time regardless of the weather....it's supposed to keep the foxes away......

....first week!

I wish it would keep the cats away I found a pile of crap on the strawberry patch on top of the netting (which meant to keep the cats away). Not pleased with that so barb wire and fence spikes are on order.


Anyway guys thanks for all the help I have now put the 4/1 on but now need to try the whole thing again with the 10/1 and see how I do with that.

Guess what - its raining again this morning typical.
 
Good luck with the 10/1. Have a look at the manufacturers website for setup details. But I did a little research yesterday and I think (and it's only surmising) that you would need to set the 10/1 to diseqc 1.1 then assign LNB1, LNB2 etc. Obviously AA, AB, BA & BB only work on a 4/1, which is why I'm a bit lost for advice as my 16 LNB's cascade down into a 4/1.

BTW, as an owner of five cats, try squirting lemon juice around your strawberry patch. They hate anything citrus. Downside is that it quickly dissipates and you have to repeat every couple of days (or more often if it rains). You could also look at growing citronella (lemon balm). It grows wild on my land, maybe you could plant it round the edge of your veg plot. More from 'Gardeners World' next week......
 
A 10/1 or 16/1 is easy. It is just DiSEqC 1.1, and ports 1 to 16 on the switch correspond to uncommitted inputs 1 to 16 in the tuner config menu. If you cascade a 4/1 and a 10/1 you just have to get the command order correct. If the 4/1 is closer to the receiver the command order is "committed, uncommitted"; and if the 10/1 is closer it is "uncommitted, committed". Nothing complicated.
 
Huevos said:
A 10/1 or 16/1 is easy. It is just DiSEqC 1.1, and ports 1 to 16 on the switch correspond to uncommitted inputs 1 to 16 in the tuner config menu. If you cascade a 4/1 and a 10/1 you just have to get the command order correct. If the 4/1 is closer to the receiver the command order is "committed, uncommitted"; and if the 10/1 is closer it is "uncommitted, committed". Nothing complicated.

Thanks for confirming that. If Godzillafan does end up with a 20/1 will he just designate the extra four LNB's as uncommitted inputs? (From memory the VU+ can handle up to 32 LNB's)
 
There's no such thing as a 20/1, unless it is a combination switch. 16 is the maximum number of inputs for DiSEqC uncommitted. E2 is 32 LNBs per tuner. 1 physical LNB = 1 LNB in the tuner config, even if it picks up from more than 1 satellite. So a motorised LNB only counts as 1 LNB. To get 20/1 you could use a 2/1 DiSEqC 1.0 (committed) switch with a 16/1 DiSEqC 1.1 (uncommitted) switch attached to one port and a 4/1 DiSEqC 1.1 (uncommitted) switch attached to the other.
 
Just to make it clear (or even more confused): I have cascaded dieseqc 1/4 (closer to reciever) and than several diseqc 1/10 (closer to antenna) and in DM settings have put Uncommited-Commited, and it works no probs.
 
Huevos said:
There's no such thing as a 20/1, unless it is a combination switch. 16 is the maximum number of inputs for DiSEqC uncommitted. E2 is 32 LNBs per tuner. 1 physical LNB = 1 LNB in the tuner config, even if it picks up from more than 1 satellite. So a motorised LNB only counts as 1 LNB. To get 20/1 you could use a 2/1 DiSEqC 1.0 (committed) switch with a 16/1 DiSEqC 1.1 (uncommitted) switch attached to one port and a 4/1 DiSEqC 1.1 (uncommitted) switch attached to the other.

Ok, maybe he needs to decide what he wants (possibly it was two 10/1 but I can't be bothered to trawl back through 20 odd pages to find out)
 
RimaNTSS said:
Just to make it clear (or even more confused): I have cascaded dieseqc 1/4 (closer to reciever) and than several diseqc 1/10 (closer to antenna) and in DM settings have put Uncommited-Commited, and it works no probs.
Maybe you had repeats set up. Anyway E2 sends repeats automatically if a signal doesn't show at the tuner in a short while. But if you want the fastest zapping it is best to set the tuner config to the correct values.

But if there were no repeats it wouldn't work because for the second switch in the chain to receive the command the first switch must be routed to allow that command through. And don't forget not all switches are the same. The path the RF and the 22khz signal take through the switch is not necessarily the same.
 
This works with repeats set to 0. Only one rule- diseqs 1/10 should be programmed to Modus 5.
 
HI guys

Just logged on and got a bit of reading to do and report back as its still raining.

But its 2 x 10/1 ( opticum dsg 10/1 out).

there is a site on it and bits of info here and there.

16/1 was a great choice for me, but I know a few months down the line, I am going to stick another dish or two to get some more wests and easts (I dont know why). This will push me over the 16/1 emp.

Unless I ditch it all and start again and go for a couple of 4/1 switches if thats easier

The 4/1 to start with was a test.

Right better read all the advice now

cheers
ps cats (not sat related) - we have 3 female cats next door, they are great. Its the whole estates tabbies which come along crap and pee all over my garden to get a eye full of the 3 cats next door. The kids can't play freely or plant things in the garden or watch me put up the sat dish without watching where to step, a right pain.
 
Back
Top