My first toroidal 90 multi dish install with 20 lnbs

I've used Enigma Signal Meter and it works very well.....I can stream to my lap top using OpenWebif too.....
 
man so out of touch with these things. what the ell is openwebif
 
Maybe it just comes with the Vix image, but I just put the numerical address of my VU+ into my browser and it opens Openwebif. Will then stream via your home network and let you do screenshots etc.
 
wow will look.into that as i am.using blackpole. how do i set up the enigma signal app. just dl it.
 
wow will look.into that as i am.using blackpole. how do i set up the enigma signal app. just dl it.
install it, plug in the network address and login/password for openwebif on your Vu+. You can set these up using the remote; the box should get its IP address automatically from your router (assuming DHCP is active - it normally is).
 
cheers for that, will hopefully have both apps running for the the big clean up this weekend.
 
A bit dull out there but worth a go on the lnbs to check all the snr's and refix the 16/1 box
 
its not bad wife supplying me hot coffee. and done. 5w. 1. 4.8. 7e. 9 on the go now but snrs are all up in the 85% but mixed results.

what the best site to get the strongest tps for sats from 28e to 5w. i am looking for the strongest signal on them. And tuning them.
 
its not bad wife supplying me hot coffee. and done. 5w. 1. 4.8. 7e. 9 on the go now but snrs are all up in the 85% but mixed results.
what the best site to get the strongest tps for sats from 28e to 5w. i am looking for the strongest signal on them. And tuning them.
I use lyngsat and flysat, but be warned that they aren't always up to date. You don't necessarily want to do it with the strongest TPs - when the receiver tells you that quality is 100% that doesn't help you much for fine adjustments because the tuner is maxed out.
 
cheers for that. on 13 at the moment. tuning the strongest as much as i can get and all so far have been around thr 85 mark. i then flick through all the tos and all been averaging out at 85%ish. its the same for all of them. not sure hiw many of each tps get tuned.
 
right got all the tunning done on the lnbs to the best i could get. approx 85% snr's all of them. 28.26.23.19.16.13.9.7.4.8.,0.8.5w.

but the 16/1 i could not work and having all sort of problems scanning the vu+. the s9hd was giving me great eesult. but 16/1 nothing worked.

so got a emp 4/1 on at the moment.

full details to follow.
 
Any chance of posting a screenshot of your advanced tuner set up screen?
 
right got all the tunning done on the lnbs to the best i could get. approx 85% snr's all of them. 28.26.23.19.16.13.9.7.4.8.,0.8.5w.
but the 16/1 i could not work and having all sort of problems scanning the vu+. the s9hd was giving me great eesult. but 16/1 nothing worked.
so got a emp 4/1 on at the moment.
full details to follow.
You've tried as committed or uncommitted?
 
Hi Guys

Right here is the update.

From 28e to 5w, I checked and fine turned the lnbs to approx., 80 to 85% across a number of the tps within each lnb.
I did not get anything higher no matter what I tried, so left them as that.

I did this on my S9HD openbox and the signal quality also varied from 60 to 85% for all tps.

So I was happy with the results, since I only wanted to spend a couple of hours doing this, but ended up nearly all day.

So next came the 16/1 box with the dips in the right position up, down, down and down. I had the lnbs spaced on each numbered input and did 1.1 diseqc on the vu+ (I first checked that the lnbs where showing up on the vu+ with the sat signal checker and so far so good).

Plugged them into the 16/1 box and wired a couple of lnbs up and nothing.

Advanced, 1.1, same inputs for lnb and 16/1 box eg. 28 as input 4 and lnb4 and so on. I did uncomm.comm.tone, and repeated for the 2 lnbs to test. Nothing!

So wanted to see if a emp 4/1 would work and put that on via simple diseqc a,b,c,d and tuned in 28.19.13 and 0.8w and they all worked infact retuning now to get some better figures.

Can anyone help to see what going wrong with my 16/1 box setup of anyone got a beginners guide as it not working.

Some figures

28e got me 963 channels on the vu and 830 on s9hd
19.2e vu- 1609 channels, - 1340 on s9
0.8w vu- 296 channels, - 677 on s9
13e vu- 2208 channels, - 1847 on s9

Can anyone how confirm if I should be scanning more on the vu+.
Really need the help on the 16/1 box.

I did both uncomm and comm

how do I do screenshoots again.

I got everything back in the house now and wired the 4/1 on at the moment. The 16/1 is sitting on the floor at the moment until I find a guide on how it works.

I need another day now to try to put back on
 
The differences in the number of channels is probably just the Vu is counting the data channels within the service list as well.


I scanned 28E using my Duo half an hour ago and also got 963.
 
I got everything back in the house now and wired the 4/1 on at the moment. The 16/1 is sitting on the floor at the moment until I find a guide on how it works.

I need another day now to try to put back on

Try disecq 1.2 and setting the 16/1 up as "motorised"?
 
thanks will make a note of that 1.2 methods. its got to be something stupid thats causing a error.

what are the main methods using a 16.1 diseqc?
 
hi guys.

if i wire 28e only to test the 16/1, what should the advance setup be set as?
 
AFIK, it should be no different to what you would have if you had all 16 LNB's set up. DiSEqc mode 1.1, committed, uncommitted, toneburst, then if your 28E is designated LNB1, set it as LNB 1 on the advanced set up screen. If you still can't get anything maybe alter your dip switch to DiSEqc mode 1.0 and 1.1, which is the second switch down, all the rest up. (1.1 is first one down and the others up). Is this the EMP switch with a terrestial input too? A screen shot of your advanced set up screen would help, did you manage to get the VU+ to stream using OpenWeb?
 
Back
Top