My New Dragon Card

dragon-user

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish (fixed)
Echostar AD-3000-ip

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here, so my questions may seem a bit basic.

I have a 1m dish pointing at 13' East. I also have an Echostar AD3000ip reciever.

I recently bought myself a dragoncam and fun7 loader card. The shop did not have any programmers, so for a small fee, he programmed the cam for me.

I dont seem to be ablt to get anything other than FTA channels.

Do I have to 'tell' the reciever to pick up codes from the programmed CAM, and if so, how do I do it?

The Common Interface menu shows Predator 3.04 in the slot, but there doesn't seem to be a load, or update button.

Thanks in advance,
Steve.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi dragon-user,
to update the Dragon Cam you update its firmware using the loader card, the reason you're not getting the channels on Hotbird 13E, is that there was a Key change and so Dragon is now using Predator 306 firmware.
If you haven't got a card programmer, it might be wise to invest in one, as it will save a lot of work, you can try updating the keys manually using your remote control, and a HEX to DEC convertor. A brief guide on how to update the keys manually, courtessy of Parker from JKF.

Whoa!!!! - Far too much detailed key info!!! Naughty Naughty!!!!

You can get the latest keys from:

_http://www.rdi-sat.com/

_http://www.sat-key.org/

TPS is in Viaccess. Currently there are a lot of channels available using the Dragon Cam, on Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E, using Predator 306.
Best wishes
Mickha

dragon-user

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish (fixed)
Echostar AD-3000-ip

Thanks Mickha,

I'm pretty tied up over the next few days, but i'll try and get a programmer asap.

Thank you so much for your advice. If I knew what you meant by programming keys, I would do it tomorrow. But what keys for what channels, and how d o you do it.

thanks
an ignoramus
Steve.