My New Toy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, set it up for www.live365.com a radio streaming site (can be used via the router, no PC needed), at present only using the free service, but there is a $3.98/mth service with a lot more and better bitrate services.

Searched out my media directories, need to organise them a bit better, have played a DVD from my hard drive, some MP3s and viewed some jpegs, looking very good so far. :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Looks great!

Hope you have may hours of fun...

Let us know how much more it can do.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Will try some other video files tomorrow, but very impressed so far, for £90 delivered, really can't go wrong, (they also do one with a card reader). :)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
rolfw said:
Will try some other video files tomorrow

Would be interested in Quicktime playback...

Can you update the formats as they evolve?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Just updated the firmware and it gave me a couple more formats, so I guess that it will progress, I like the way that you can stream internet radio and view a photo album at the same time. :)

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
that live365 used to be all free and had some real good west coast surf music and wild garage band stuff then it went pay so I went bye bye not buy buy.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Still a few good channels on there though Kalamar. :)

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Those gadgets are coming strong now Rolf

I think I will get me one for a xmas present, just sent a note to Santa:D

Next buy will be a small nuclear power plant for home use:cool:

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, we've just had a little power source erected nearby (last weekend), will run a cable direct to my workroom. :)

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
sounds like a nice toy for xmas so can you stream skystar 2 with one of these as that would be good for the who going to share sky italy with me soon

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
LOL, we've just had a little power source erected nearby (last weekend), will run a cable direct to my workroom. :)
Nice pic Rolf, looks like it was taken by a pro.:D

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
pothead13 said:
sounds like a nice toy for xmas so can you stream skystar 2 with one of these as that would be good for the who going to share sky italy with me soon

Not sure, haven't got one installed at the moment, I think they'd probably have to modify the control software to do that.

@ Jimbo. Found out why all the pictures were coming out blue, had the light source set at electric light. :-doh!

PS. This is my other latest toy. :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
@ Jimbo. Found out why all the pictures were coming out blue, had the light source set at electric light. :-doh!
So, they would be Ok indoors.;)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I know the thread is a bit old: just grabbed it, so to speak.

Reading the specs for this device its still seems a long way off being a 'true' server. At that price point, though, I am sure its fun.

If only the old world met the new one. You bought a DVD, popped it in a loader, accessed it by your mediaServer, and had fun. As you watched it it downloaded to your server, so that that others in the house could start watching it moments after you had started.

The juxposition being that could you employ an small army of low-paid miracle-workers to digitise the gazzilion music tracks, dvd's and videos you have onto your server. Mind, those terrabytes of server space you'll still need is a bit pricey, too.

Today: unless you have hacked your DVD's (!), its one per PC DVD drive and by the time you have finished faffing with that - you might as well just throw it in the DVD player under the MediaServer!

I suppose it is good for family parties, listening to online radio stations, etc.

Do they do satellite sensors for the, say, the toilet or kitchen (to access the MediaServer)?

Have Fun,

Mark.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't used it for a couple of months now Mark, gave it to my sister. One of those things I bought on a whim, works well withing certain limitations, but perhaps needs a little more capability. :)

The new camera took over in the gadget stakes anyway, so it was always on a hiding to nowhere. :)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
I have to say - I would certainly be happy with that toy ;-)

Oooh, a Nikon D200 with lenses (thrown-in for free!) would do me fine.

The consumate dreamer :D

Mark.

P.S. Orange indoors on daylight, Blue outside on Incandescent. Auto wouldn't be a bad click round the dial, hehe.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
mljgmljg said:
P.S. Orange indoors on daylight, Blue outside on Incandescent. Auto wouldn't be a bad click round the dial, hehe.

No, auto is a cop out. :)

Its got all of the buttons and I'm gonna use 'em :D

Lester Piggott

Avoid tax, don't evade it.
Reaction score
Website
www.mamsters.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Fast processor PC

Skystar 2 and 1.2m motorised dish for racing channels. Not much success so far though.
My Location
Lingfield
Don't blame you, :)