signal good rescanned still no joy
i know my skystar1 card is working as i also run prog-dvb
any help would be appreciated:confused :confused O-st O-st

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
So it has found the channels, but you can't see a picture? I'm presuming that you've toggled the video to on and have checked the different Graphs and that you are running either XP or W2000?

interman4151

Reaction score
My Location
leicestershire ,england
yes m8

but not the graphs
what do i do with those

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try switching to another one, some work better with different video cards.

interman4151

Reaction score
My Location
leicestershire ,england
hi

ive tried switching to another graph still no picture

MickH

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
North East
You're not alone interman4151 - same problem for me with Hauppauge Nova (but also no ability to scan - another thread, but there are yet more with the same sort of problems). Have you tried ProgDVB? It isn't without it's problems (that's why I tried MyTheatre) but it does actually give you a picture.

interman4151

Reaction score
My Location
leicestershire ,england
MICKH
yes m8 ive got prog dvb
just facied trying MY THEATRE

K

kalamar

Skystar 1 is like Nexus-s so you can use hardware mode without problems and use vid out for your tv's
MT 2.76 is only one that works perfectly for me.

interman4151

Reaction score
My Location
leicestershire ,england
ive wiped of my theatre 3.12

reloaded my theatre 2.76
got that working fine
must be a problem with v 3.12
thanx for your help

K

kalamar

If they could just get it all together ! Prog DVB has fair remote function and a decent epg plugin available BUT the damn thing is not completely stable,you will think its fine and then "pooey" its trashed ! ------- MT 2.76 has no workable epg here in my area and forget the remote ! BUT it is totally stable ,I have been watching it for a long long time and it couldnt get much better !. Really I have spent much time and effort checking all the programs and I do mean much time,I am disabled and nothing else to do ! and I rate MT 2.76 at the top and no longer mess with the others, Too bad the author got greedy (MT (Saar) as he had a nice program and ruined it trying to add his registration (pay for it) features and he completely re wrote the program and it is garbage now I think ! I never could get the new versions to work properly,I sure wont send $40 to regester something that I cant get to workin ......blah blah ect ect

paddy22

Reaction score
Had a similar problem with MT 2.76 after re installing twice I found out that if I switched the video output on my MX440 geoforce vid card from clone to single the video returned. I also made the monitor the default display for some weird reason it worked!

K

kalamar

but I use the Nexus-s and the video card dont matter on my setup cause of the hardware mode is trouble free with direct video and sound output from the DVB card.. I just output the card directly into a modulator and then to a splitter that routes the sig on channel 3-4 all over the house. Also CPU use is only about 6-10 % with the Nexus.
If anyone reading is planning to buy a new DVB card spend the extra $ and,get the NEXUS-S and save a lot of heartaches late,I think the SS-1 is the same card almost.just my 2 cents worth.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, I agree with the MyTheater: 2.76 is the one to use...I uninstalled all the others. One thing I have done is to set the EPG so it deletes itself every time you switch it off, that seems to agree better with my computer. And the few occasions where it had been a bit funny, it usually is back to normal after closing the program and re opening it...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
Well, I agree with the MyTheater: 2.76 is the one to use...I uninstalled all the others. One thing I have done is to set the EPG so it deletes itself every time you switch it off, that seems to agree better with my computer. And the few occasions where it had been a bit funny, it usually is back to normal after closing the program and re opening it...
I've had MT 2.76 go into spasms when it corupt it's own EPG database with duplicate entries. It's rubbish anyway. Anyone tried any other EPG plugins with 2.76?

I've downloaded one, but haven't tried it yet. I'm enjoying some trouble free viewing at the moment, and refuse to tamper with it for a week or two!

IMHO if someone came up with a really solid mid-market DVB viewer and EPG, then it could become the next killer app. for the PC, even with just the FTA offerings.

lean_moha

Reaction score
Hi don't know if you've fixed the problem yet, but I had a similar problem to this [i.e. signal but no picture] though I don't know exactly what your system setup is or how your DVB-S card works but after contacting DVBCore about my TwinHan VP1030 compatible Pinnacle PCTV Sat-CI they said I should install this set of codecs:

http://viaccessfree.org/theatre_add/mpeg2_decoders.v2.02.exe

try install it. Then choose one of graphs and see if picture will
exists.

The only real problems I've had with mytheathre is to do with the fact it does not support my remote control until the v3.19beta/RCI which keeps turning itself off not sure if this is either just unstable or more sensitive to signal quality and levels than v2.76.