Nagra2 from different providers do differ, like NDS ?

tisurame

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2
My Location
Brazil
I learned that each NDS platform around the world uses a different ID number to protect card communications with the setupbox. That's why the current NDS plugin only works with Italian and the UK Sky.

But I would like to know if Nagra2 also use this kind of system. Because I'm afraid that the same Nagra2 firmware that people use to watch Bev or DishNetworks, with a legal and valid smartcard, will not work by default for my local provider that also use Nagra2.

giver

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
tisurame said:
I learned that each NDS platform around the world uses a different ID number to protect card communications with the setupbox. That's why the current NDS plugin only works with Italian and the UK Sky.

But I would like to know if Nagra2 also use this kind of system. Because I'm afraid that the same Nagra2 firmware that people use to watch Bev or DishNetworks, with a legal and valid smartcard, will not work by default for my local provider that also use Nagra2.

Not sure what you mean by "firmware",but nagra cards boot up a little differently from different providers,but not necesarily a big problem.
Only couple changes here and there and it works.
Still,there is to know where you gonna use your card (newcs,cccam,other device,where it might be supported or not)