NASA in the UK?

ch3

Member
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest/Lidl SL65 Receiver. Sky analogue mesh 60cm dish.
My Location
London, UK
Hi

I've got an old Sky analogue mesh dish which I've somehow managed to fit in my garden and am receiving Hotbird 13E and Astra 19.2E with a monoblock. I'm looking eastwards in the garden so I just get both of these over the houses I think. ESA (European Space Agency) used to send footage on either of these but they seem to favour Eutelsat Atlantic Bird at 12.5 degrees West now, especially for the NASA footage they also relay. I'm toying with the idea of trying this further down the garden but I'm not sure if the houses will get in the way. Has anyone successfully got this satellite in the UK?

Also, I think I read somewhere that NASA footage is sometimes available on something at 16E, which is right in-between my monoblock. Before I had the monoblock I moved the dish a few inches one way and changed from 19.2E and 13E easily. Is 16E easy to get?

TIA!
 
16E is a funny old bird. The power levels are all over the place. You really need a 1m dish to get all the tp's.

Ive never seen any NASA footage on 16E
 
wasn't it fta on eurobird 28.5e yesterday or something it was on ds forums
 
Anyone had any luck getting Eutelsat Atlantic Bird at 12.5 degrees West? I'm just about looking over the house to get 13E and 19.2E from an east facing garden, so wondered how low down it is..
 
Id like to see a picture of ur setup as my dish is also in the back yard. 16E is a pain in the arse to find and ive had no luck with a Zone 2 MiniDish.
J:)



ch3 said:
Anyone had any luck getting Eutelsat Atlantic Bird at 12.5 degrees West? I'm just about looking over the house to get 13E and 19.2E from an east facing garden, so wondered how low down it is..
 
streetlighter said:
Id like to see a picture of ur setup as my dish is also in the back yard. 16E is a pain in the arse to find and ive had no luck with a Zone 2 MiniDish.
J:)


http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=70109

19.2E and 13E on a fence bracket. 16E also gotten from same place, but it's just a monoblock so I usually leave it as is. Next stop motorised on the roof I think.
 
According to Lyngsat NASA is only on 72 and 137 west?

Is there a NASA feed on anything between 30W-45E? (limits of my dish).

Would certainyl be intesting to watch the launch, if it happens, I guess it will be repeated on other news channels.

Paul
 
OldBen said:
According to Lyngsat NASA is only on 72 and 137 west?

Is there a NASA feed on anything between 30W-45E? (limits of my dish).

Would certainyl be intesting to watch the launch, if it happens, I guess it will be repeated on other news channels.

Paul


Atlantic Bird 12.5 W... ESA are relaying it but not on their usually 19.2E or 13E birds... damn them!
 
Back
Top