Need advice on replacing Nova Pansat IRD990

greekbrit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat IRD990
My Location
UK
Hi!

A couple of nights ago, The Nova Pansat box blew. It came up with a code which stated, " d.dd"

I had it looked at and was told that the box had blown.
I'm not very familiar with digital equipment but am looking for a suitable replacement asap.

Can anyone recommend a replacement box that is compatible with Nova, new or used? Or better still, a Nova box new or used?

It's for my mother who is elderly and housebound and is her only form of entertainment. I will be returning to Greece next week and hope to have this sorted for her before I leave. The box will have to be quite straightforward for her to be able to operate

Many thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As far as I know, any Irdeto II embedded receiver will do, or a receiver with a CI slot for an Irdeto II CAM.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
well any receiver that is irdeto 2 compatible will work or you could buy any receiver and use a irdeto 2 cam with the card ?

when your over in greece, why not contact nova and see what price a new receiver will cost ?

greekbrit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat IRD990
My Location
UK
Thanks!
New receiver from Nova costs 50 euros. Card will need to be changed and no longer portable ie. it will only work inside the receiver. I may have to do this but would rather find a receiver and put the card in. Would it be possible for anyone to recommend a very user-friendly receiver box which is irideto 2 embedded?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try One of our forum advertisers _http://www.southernsat.co.uk/cart/index.php?l=product_detail&p=68

Give him a ring and he'll be able to advise on suitability, simplicity of operation etc.

greekbrit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat IRD990
My Location
UK
I've just ordered the Topfield6400ir. Expect delivery tomorrow and will let you know if it all runs smoothly. Thanks very much rolfw and everyone else who replied!! :-)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
just one thing, you said earlier about having to change smartcard, are nova now pairing cards with receivers for new customers ?

greekbrit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat IRD990
My Location
UK
Yes, they started pairing them about 12-18 months ago.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird CCR610
My Location
Scandinavia
greekbrit said:
I've just ordered the Topfield6400ir. Expect delivery tomorrow and will let you know if it all runs smoothly. Thanks very much rolfw and everyone else who replied!! :-)

Hi,
how this Topfield6400ir worked for you?
I have tested Topfield6400ir with my "old" Nova card, which should not be paired to old receiver, but not all channels opened.
Some channels, shows error like "E17-13 Service is currently scrambled".
So I'm not sure if it's good idea to by it?

greekbrit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat IRD990
My Location
UK
formerCCR610user said:
Hi,
how this Topfield6400ir worked for you?
I have tested Topfield6400ir with my "old" Nova card, which should not be paired to old receiver, but not all channels opened.
Some channels, shows error like "E17-13 Service is currently scrambled".
So I'm not sure if it's good idea to by it?

I had to return it as it was faulty. I decided to go for a refund as there was no time to wait for the arrival of another one. Since then (at Christmas) I installed the paired version of "Nova in a box". I'm stuck with the old card now until the end of the month. I will be terminating that subscription unless someone needs an old Nova card.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird CCR610
My Location
Scandinavia
Thanks for your info.
So, it could be that TopField 6400IR, is not perfect fit for Nova.
I'm thinking too to get a new paired package ( HD card & receiver) from Nova Greece.
Could you clarify, if you already saw that new paired package is working ok.
Not to have the same issue, than menber Vasso reported about week ago (see thread Nova error message)?

greekbrit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat IRD990
My Location
UK
formerCCR610user said:
Thanks for your info.
So, it could be that TopField 6400IR, is not perfect fit for Nova.
I'm thinking too to get a new paired package ( HD card & receiver) from Nova Greece.
Could you clarify, if you already saw that new paired package is working ok.
Not to have the same issue, than menber Vasso reported about week ago (see thread Nova error message)?

Yep!! Everything is working fine. You also get the first 2 months with free HD on 4 of the channels. First month is free for the full package. If you choose the starter pack, you will get 6 months free. No problems whatsoever. And the box is compact and light. Enjoy!!