Advice Needed Need Software to Create Youtube Tutorial

A

Archive7

I would like to create a Youtube Clip Tutorial and I need a software to help me do it.
I suppose I can make the clip using my Logitech C930e 1080P HD Video Webcam mounted on a tripod and using the software that came with it, but later on I will need to edit the video clip and mark up various sections in the clip to pass on the important points.
Please suggest a software to help me with the editing. Thanks.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You can always edit before uploading the finished article.

I would use anything to hand to gain experience, the Panasonic DMR is very good at this sort of thing (in SD) with its internal hard drive.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Given nobody else has chimed in, the free option for editing would be Windows Movie Maker, this will allow you to edit the clips trim them and add annotations to the video... :)

As for capturing the video, that's entirely up to you and your budget, your webcam should do fine as long as you have plenty light, though I'd recommend using a separate microphone as the ones they tend to fit in webcams can be quite poor, you can usually pick up a decent tie-clip mic for less than $10 online that plugs into a microphone port, which should do the job... :)

A

Archive7

Given nobody else has chimed in, the free option for editing would be Windows Movie Maker, this will allow you to edit the clips trim them and add annotations to the video... :)

As for capturing the video, that's entirely up to you and your budget, your webcam should do fine as long as you have plenty light, though I'd recommend using a separate microphone as the ones they tend to fit in webcams can be quite poor, you can usually pick up a decent tie-clip mic for less than $10 online that plugs into a microphone port, which should do the job... :)
Thanks a lot. I will try WMM. I have it installed already but never used it before.
It's UI isn't that appealing.
I will use the cam microphone it should be good enough.