network hdd dm 800

damiensk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800/dm500, windows vista, ie8
My Location
manchester
been searching around for any possible answers before i buy a 2tb network hdd, would it be possible to mount to my dm800, via the router?
was going to get a esata hdd, but a nas network hdd would be better suited for what i want.
would i have formating problems, as i would be having my pc (vista o/s) also going to the nas hdd, and i know that the db is linux based,
any body else done this, problems/ or ok!!!!!!!
thanks

LowNoiseBloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force Frontier 90,2xEmp-Centauri P168(28.2,23.5,19.2,16,13,9,5E,5W)
Vu+Duo2 & Now TV, Amazon Fire TV & Droidbox X7,
Buffalo Linkstation,
Pace TDS850NB Sky+HD,
Ubuntu/Fedora servers,
Technisat AirStar/Freeview.
My Location
South Staffs. U.K.
Can't answer your question directly but I am able to mount a Buffalo Linkstation network drive to my DM7000 and DM7020 using CIFS protocol. I can also mount a USB drive attached to the Linkstation in the same way to same receivers.

stephenr

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
coming soon!
My Location
UK, south
Hello, I use a qnap ts109 nas, I can easily share files between dreambox 800, pc. Vista, and popcorn hour a110.

My qnap nas is connected to my router and serves the whole house. It's an advanced nas, but performance out weighs

If you are to purchase a qnap I suggest the 210 or 219 models. They both support duel hard drives. And will work perfectly with all system types. Linux. Windows. Apple.

JanH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800
My Location
Czech rep.
Hi,

after long term problem with NAS mounting to a Dreambox becouse image to image was other menu a usually did not work properly. I develop easy way to mount NAS.
I put one mount row to CCam script which start last and it is easy to restart if needed.
I have not details with me now but let me know if your problem still resist.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
network hd i never tested on drembox 800 on a german board i read that 1.5 tb is the maximum size that works on dreambox and a see a liste of compatible devices,but there was no 2 tb version in this list ,also the writze,that samsung hd,are nor compatible,witth dm 800 because of diffrent cluster size in the orginal format,you have to change the cluster by selfformating with a partion programm,then it should work,thats all i know about it!

JanH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800
My Location
Czech rep.
I thing doas not metter size and compability of disk in case of Network disk.
It is external LAN disk mounted to DM800.