Network ID / Transport Stream for 13E & 19.2E

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
I will be attempting to set up my dish tomorrow which is a fixed one with 3 LNBs. I don't yet have the FTA satellite receiver but I do have a Sky receiver. I also have one of the cheap meter type satellite finders so I will be using this to help me align the dish.

One of the LNBs will be pointing towards Astra 28.2E for Sky and this should hopefully prove fairly straight forward to set up using my Sky receiver. However, it would be nice to try and get the other 2 LNBs aligned to Hotbird 13E and Astra 19.2E as best I can before I actually get the FTA receiver.

I've read information that when aligning a dish to 28.2E, on the Sky box signal test screen a Network ID of "0002" and Transport Stream of "07d4" will be displayed indicating that the dish is locked onto 28.2E, and that if the dish is pointing to the wrong satellite then a different Network ID / Transport Stream will be displayed instead. It got me thinking that I might be able to use this to help me align the other 2 LNBs if I know what Network ID & Transport Stream gets displayed on the Sky box if it's locked onto 13E or 19.2E. Does anyone happen to know this information?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Network id's:

0001 for 19E
0013 for 13E (or something similar - may be 013e)

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
Fantastic. Thanks for that :cool:

Am I correct in saying that in conjunction with the satellite finder meter, I would also be able to utilise the "signal strength" and "signal quality" indicators on the Sky box signal test screen to get the best signals on 13E and 19.2E satellites? Or do those indicators on the Sky box only work when locked onto 28.2E?

If I can use the SKy box to set up the dish/LNB alignment for all 3 satellites now then it would be ideal because it means that when I do get the FTA box I could simply just plug it in and go (in theory).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you cange the default transponder in the Installer menu to a valid transponder for each satellite you are aligning to, then it should show in the standard signal strength menu. It has of course to be a transponder with appropriate symbol rate for the digibox.

Then you can use the add channels function to check that it is the correct satellite. :)

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
Hmmm...OK. That's actually added into question something else I didn't even think about. As I am replacing my current minidish completely and will be using the new dish (with universal LNBs) for the Sky receiver as well as the FTA one then from what you've just said it sounds like I might need to change some of the configuration in the Sky box installer menu so it will work properly with the 0.2db universal MTI LNB I'm going to be using. What do I need to change these to, or how do I go about finding out what settings will be compatible with the new universal LNB :confused

These are the current settings in my Sky box which I assume are currently configured to work with the LNB on the end of the Sky minidish:-

LNB Setup Menu
  • Low Band LO Frequency (GHz) -> 9.75
  • Low Band LO Frequency (GHz) -> 10.60
  • LNB Power Supply -> ON
  • 22KHz Command -> ON
Default Transponder Menu
  • Frequency (GHz) -> 11.778
  • Polarisation -> V
  • Symbol Rate (Mbaud) -> 27.5
  • FEC -> 2/3

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A universal LNB is what you already have on your Sky dish, no need to change anything. :)

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
That's good news. I've got someone coming round to help me try and set it all up shortly and I thought for a minute that there was something fairly significant that I might have missed during my research.

Thanks again :)

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
Well my new Raven Gemini 70cm dish is now up and working in place of the old Sky minidish although be it only with a single LNB pointing directly at Astra 28.2E for the time being as I ran out of time and daylight so the priority was to get my Sky system useable on the new dish which I've manged to achieve. Signal strength is showing as 100% and quality about 80% which is identical to what the minidish was giving before. At least I'm halfway there :D

In the coming weekends I will be back up the ladder to mount and install the other 2 LNBs and get them aligned properly to the other 2 satellites.

Thanks for everyone's help with all my questions so far :)

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
garym71 said:
I've read information that when aligning a dish to 28.2E, on the Sky box signal test screen a Network ID of "0002" and Transport Stream of "07d4" will be displayed indicating that the dish is locked onto 28.2E, and that if the dish is pointing to the wrong satellite then a different Network ID / Transport Stream will be displayed instead.
What exactly is this test signal screen?

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
Analoguesat said:
Network id's:

0001 for 19E
0013 for 13E (or something similar - may be 013e)
Is there any special thing with these network IDs?

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
tesla said:
What exactly is this test signal screen?
On your Sky remote, press the "Services" button, then press 4, then press 6.

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
II live in Greece and it's not easy (but not impossible) to get a Sky box. Is it just a free to air tv signal?

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
The signal test screen is built into the Sky receiver software. Screenshots can be seen on this page.

The Sky box can only receive channels from the Astra 2 satellites at 28.2E. Some of the channels are free-to-air and others are subscription channels which require a Sky box and paid subscription card to view the signals. The free-to-air channels can be received on other FTA receivers but the subscription channels cannot.

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
garym71, i think there are some services that require a Sky box and a smartcard, even without a subscription.

Anyway, I saw the screenshots.

If i understood the topic, all that is needed is to take a look at lyngsat.com, flysat.com, etc and search for a free to Air service.