Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I see one of you guys have started slipping ads in posts in the threads, this is very annoying, 'O'-red I do hope this is just a few days thing, if not i may have to start a boycott of satellites.co.uk.:eek: Which i do not wish to do. Could you hold a poll at where WE would like the new ads to go?

Thanks, Alex

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Show an example Alex, so I can see exactly what we are talking about.

Thanks

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
well, on my screen just above your post and below mine is the advert that advertised sponsered links. Mind you it might be my computer, im not on my usual, im in a ciber cafe. Its on all threads.

chris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TalkTalk TV
My Location
Worksop UK
Yes I've added google links after the first post in a thread, Only unregistered / registered members can see them. The server we run this site on costs us just over $150 per months and then we have other costs for the scripts we run. Most months we only get 1 or 2 members making donations to help cover the running costs of the site so we have to raise funds by placing google links on the site. It seems the most profitable spot on the site for running google links is below the the first post in a thread so thats why they appear there!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Thanks for replying Chris.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
AlexBellisBrown said:
I see one of you guys have started slipping ads in posts in the threads, this is very annoying, 'O'-red I do hope this is just a few days thing, if not i may have to start a boycott of satellites.co.uk.:eek: Which i do not wish to do. Could you hold a poll at where WE would like the new ads to go?

Thanks, Alex

When WE start paying for the running of the forum on a dedicated server, then WE can perhaps more legitimately influence where advertising links go. ;)