new channel on hispasat 1d i cant seem to find it!can u help?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Is the lnb skew set correctly? You need to have it set the other way from when using a dish on the eastern part of the arc. Thus the ports on the lnb need to be at about "5 oclock" when you are looking at the dish

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes indeed - "If it's new, set the skew" :-sheep

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
Is the lnb skew set correctly? You need to have it set the other way from when using a dish on the eastern part of the arc. Thus the ports on the lnb need to be at about "5 oclock" when you are looking at the dish

yepp its around 5 getting good signal rates from the rest of hispasat!!!!finely tuned by me and the mrs lol,shouting out of the window as i aint got a meter.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
rescanned using dvd-s2
That channel is not DVB-S2.

BTW, where did you get the satellites.xml file from?

The manual scan parameters are good, identical to mine, and the DiSEqC switch sounds ok because other channels on the same satellite work fine. DECT runs 12480-12500 so it's unlikely it is that but like AS says unplug any wireless device just to be certain.

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england

The manual scan parameters are good, identical to mine, and the DiSEqC switch sounds ok because other channels on the same satellite work fine. DECT runs 12480-12500 so it's unlikely it is that but like AS says unplug any wireless device just to be certain.

the satellites.xml file was already installed when i bought the reciver,i thought it updated when i did a rescan of the sattelite???,got nothing pluged in near it,as for the dvb-s2 being on when i scan must have been luck,as the signal has now drop out,and the error tuner fail has come up???