New DreamBox 7080 soon

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Twin tuners and DVD R/RW CD R/RW ....

For full spec and pictures pop over to Toecuttersden and look under the DreamBox section.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
gameboy said:
Twin tuners and DVD R/RW CD R/RW ....
Yup, it looks good. Apparently it will record up to 6 streams at a time.
Bit tight inside though from the pics. And still only the same 64Mb of memory :(
BTW I notice that both www.dm7020.com and www.dm7080.com have been grabbed by Dream, so maybe they are releasing an updated 7000 as well? :)

EDW

Reaction score
djlemur said:
Yup, it looks good. Apparently it will record up to 6 streams at a time.
Bit tight inside though from the pics. And still only the same 64Mb of memory :(
BTW I notice that both www.dm7020.com and www.dm7080.com have been grabbed by Dream, so maybe they are releasing an updated 7000 as well? :)

From Austech.................

DM7020 = Successor of DM7000 with technical updates
DM7025 = above with dual tuner slots (tuners freely interchangeable sat / ter / cab)
DM7080 = the one with the DVD-RW
DM7085 = the burner one + dual tuner slots

The "old" LG tuners have been replaced with Philips tuners and are said to be far more sensitive

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
I'd go for one with a DTV and SAT tuner in the same box. Any guesses at the pricing?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
guiri said:
I'd go for one with a DTV and SAT tuner in the same box. Any guesses at the pricing?

Still haven't seem any official release date - until then you can only guess at the price.

They way technology is going it shouldn't be that more expensive than the 7000s.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:

Anyone know or guess what format the DVD is written? There's a lot to do to convert .ts to a compliant DVD so one could imagine the streams will be written to DVD as if it were a re-mountable device. i.e. it will look like recorded movies directory on hdd and not playable on DVD players. On the other hand, its not impossible to do the conversion . . . . .

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:
Anyone know or guess what format the DVD is written?

Will it not just recorder direct to DVD like the Philips and other brand DVD recorders at present?

Unless it's duel layer burner then you're stuck with 4.7gig.

You'll have to decide the compression v. quality of each recording.