Advice Needed New Feed/LNB for my Prodelin 3.8m

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
Hi Guys

I've had my 3.8m (Prodelin 1383 Offset 3.8m) for about 2 yrs now and has been working great, haven't spent much time on it since we set it up (with Channel Masters help!). Been away playing with cband uplinks in India.

Its working fine but always up for playing with it. Only used for private CBand feeds Rx from IS20 68.5e.

Anyway, the current LNB on it is a WS Digital ESX241 with conical scalar rings.

I'm thinking of upgrading this if it will do any better, to get full surface illumination and max reception.
Im thinking:
1. Original prodelin feed (CROSS-POL, TYPE WR137 Part Num 0800-179) with a decent WR137 LNB
2. Chaparral feed with a decent LNB
3. This new C1PLL C-Band PLL LNBF

Ideas/Suggestion/Tips?

3.8m-in-Purley.jpg

Costactc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m channel master mesh-24" vonweise actuator-ps1 x2 lnbf(L)-pansat ap3500 positioner-x2 premium III-vu+solo2.
2.4m fortec solid-24" vonweise actuator-esx 241 lnbf(c)-vbox 7 positioner- dm800.
1.2m fortec-24"sj actuator-invacom snh-031--tm 5402 m3.
My Location
Canada
I've used the esx242 lnbf in the past with good results. I would suggest number 3 on your list as some of the tests on this lnbf have been quite positive. I've had Chaparral feeds with lnbs on 2 separate occasions but I always had issues and that's why I use lnbfs now.

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
Think i'll order this then.
Changing the LNB is such a headache, as due to elevation the dish is mount inverted. The LNB is essentially 4.5m high above the ground and to get to it have to loosen n lower the LNB arm down, so the process of changing skew and fine tuning the LNB takes 10mins each go.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I wish I had your problems :(

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Where in London are you, Kingkad?

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
South London, near surrey border, 10mins from M25. (can share actual postcode by PM)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Hi Guys

I've had my 3.8m (Prodelin 1383 Offset 3.8m) for about 2 yrs now and has been working great, haven't spent much time on it since we set it up (with Channel Masters help!). Been away playing with cband uplinks in India.

I'm thinking of upgrading this if it will do any better, to get full surface illumination and max reception.
Im thinking:
1. Original prodelin feed (CROSS-POL, TYPE WR137 Part Num 0800-179) with a decent WR137 LNB

Ideas/Suggestion/Tips?

I thought the dish was installed in September 2012 and completed in November ?

Anyhow - apart from the name - I have one of those feeds in the lockup, but you have an incompatible feedarm on the dish (designed for the F1 Intelsat feed). You would need to do some welding on the bracketry, and even then you would be stuck with one polarity, and this would be one of four, LHCP, RHCP Vertical or horizontal.

kingkad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.8m Prodelin Offset.
My Location
London
lol realised the name typo after i posted but no edit button!

cant even remember when we finished it, you helped on the install but we couldn't get signal on 68.5e that day despite much trying and had given up but then a few weeks later M tried aligning it again and got it and has been working nicely since with the odd peaking and wire roped supports.

if the prodelin feed needs manual changing of polarity then probably too much hassle. Will get the C1PLL and get up there in the spring and test it out.

Also got that 2m spun PF by precision to set up too.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
As mentioned the C band feed will not fit on the F1 boom without welding modification(s). The feed I have is also a circular polarised type and I think you were looking for linear stuff unless I am mistaken.

The Precision dish is infinitely more suitable for conversion to motorised C band.