New Firmware on Foretec Star site

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
The only way to get the current channel picture frame in the EPG screen is to turn off the 7 day EPG in the box settings. The Freesat EPG data stream is transmitted on a single transponder and as the box only has one tuner it can't download EPG data and display pictures from another transponder at the same time.

twiddley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+ HD
My Location
Bedfordshire
Thanks Ratchet, changed the 7 day EPG to No in other settings and all is ok now.

Derekw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion+

windows vista
My Location
Leeds
I tried to download the updates but don't know how to open the file! I get a message saying this is not a dnl file when i extract the file. can you help?

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
Derek, the file should be a zip file and once extracted you should get this file. p2_av110_20090107.dnl. You need to update the Loader first to version 150 and then update the firmware as above. If you have any probs let us know.

PeterB

twiddley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+ HD
My Location
Bedfordshire
I am having problems recording from EPG. Everytime I do, the box appears to crash and it states no audio or picture. I have to switch off and on, and there is no recording file. Have recorded ok manually, and hard drive is formatted from the box to FAT32, anyone got any ideas. Hard drive is 250Gb Maxtor.

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
Twiddley , what loader and firmware are you using?

PeterB

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
twiddley said:
I am having problems recording from EPG. Everytime I do, the box appears to crash and it states no audio or picture. I have to switch off and on, and there is no recording file. Have recorded ok manually, and hard drive is formatted from the box to FAT32, anyone got any ideas. Hard drive is 250Gb Maxtor.

Is that the 'grid' or '7day' (green button) epg?

PeterB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion +
My Location
Kent
Icarusi, it is in settings, other settings right at the bottom. I have mine set to uk 7 day epg=off.

Peter B

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
PeterB said:
Icarusi, it is in settings, other settings right at the bottom. I have mine set to uk 7 day epg=off.

Peter B

For Freeview EPG you need to set it to 'on'. The new firmware can record from the '7 day', 'grid' epg or 'now+next' screens, the old firmware could only record from the '7 day' epg screen (other than manually).

When you've set a recording check the 'timer' button to see if that page is showing the correct 'system' time in the top r/h corner. It should be ok if the power has been on since the timer event was set. If you leave a future timer event set and turn off power the system clock will not autoset to current time.

clewsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation HD
My Location
UK
Im having the same problem as Twidderly only on the Innovation HD. I have the maxter 360HD drive and it worked on the old software however this new update is doing the same. The recording seems to kick in, however it doesnt save the file and then the box just starts up with "no picture and audio" the only way to solve is to turn on and off at the front to get a picture back.

Any ideas?

clewsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
After playing around I have further narrowed it down to the Maxtor 360Gb USB hard drive that I am using. Any ideas what the problem could be here?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
clewsy said:
After playing around I have further narrowed it down to the Maxtor 360Gb USB hard drive that I am using. Any ideas what the problem could be here?

If the drive was working with the previous firmware then it must be firmware at fault not the drive. Are you not able to flash the old firmware?

clewsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
As a novice to this updating lark - how do I go about putting the old version back onto the box then?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Wherever you got your update from is bound to have details and I would suppose previous versions, or are you saying it has updated itself Over The Air (OTA)
If so then you may need to switch off on some of the stb's then reboot to get things working correctly, there could be information on the forum but I do not know who makes the Innovation, have you done a forum or Google search. Some stb's require a factory reset after such an update, again that is documented for some stb's.

clewsy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It came from the fortec star website, however they dont tell you how to take it backwards. Its made by fortec star.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Have you spoken to the supplier of your box ?

If they are a reputable firm they should have original firmware in case they want to put receivers back to factory standard.

Trevsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Passion
My Location
Nottingham
Hello I can't get BST it resets to GMT all the time!

cjthebrave

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Basic 60cm Dish
Fortec Star Innovation
500GB ext HDD on USB
My Location
Staffordshire
Trevsat said:
Hello I can't get BST it resets to GMT all the time!

Hello !!!

Are you switching the unit off or leaving it in standby?

My experience is that the former resets the clock to GMT (and several other settings like PINs), whereas leaving it in standby retains the clock setting etc..

Cheers

twiddley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion+ HD
My Location
Bedfordshire
I expect they have shifted again, does anyone have any idea where? My original settings have just gone black screen, looked at a channel listing dated this month, which had new settings, but when put in they are also blank.
Has anyone had any luck finding them?:confused

alinko 26

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star
My Location
england
ahoj...neviem na koho sa obratit a ty vyzeras ze si zo slovenska;;;; mozes mi poradit ze ci sa da na fortec star-passion+...chytat digi tv??? ak mozes porad...vopred dik...AL.

[fieldset=Mod]English only in this section![/fieldset]