New freq on 36E

BombedOne

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
12 563 Mhz
V

SR 3255

FEC 2/3.

This is the 1st channel of Georgian TV. Copy from 42E will be switched off tomorrow. Other Georgian channels will move to this sat from 15 January.
 
Which beam is that on?
 
Have no idea, signal is OK here on 1m dish.
 
According to King of Sat it is on Sesat 36e on the European beam. Should be easy to get in the UK.

The frequency is marked as being for data and feeds.

I expect it is SCPC.

Lots of space available on Sesat now.
 
hexah said:
According to King of Sat it is on Sesat 36e on the European beam. Should be easy to get in the UK.

The frequency is marked as being for data and feeds.

I expect it is SCPC.

Lots of space available on Sesat now.

And loads more to come when shes replaced by W7 in a few weeks time!
 
Which is why Georgian TV is there - it is now cheap carriage!

With good coverage. :-thumbup
 
I hate to admit I watched the launch of W7 recently on Hotbird.


The only reason I watch these launches is that I hope it will turn into a massive firework. :o


Hopefully the Astra 2D replacement will turn into a Roman Candle then a Starburst.

:-rofl2
 
hexah said:
I hate to admit I watched the launch of W7 recently on Hotbird.


The only reason I watch these launches is that I hope it will turn into a massive firework. :o


Hopefully the Astra 2D replacement will turn into a Roman Candle then a Starburst.

:-rofl2

Ive seen two go wrong live - Hotbird 7 which nosedived into the ocean 7 minutes into the flight and was only seen on the tracking & NSS 8 which blew up on the launch pad and was extremely spectacular!

[tube]t9GcME5hy7U[/tube]
 
Launch pad bangs are great, always a huge spectacle.

Mid air is good, but only if there are blue skies or clear skies at night - a proper firework.

:-sman2

Perhaps they will decide to be a bit more cautious and use this Eutelsat launch vehicle instead?

_http://www.clasohm.com/photodb/img/11602-md.jpg


:-googly
 
Wait, this isn't the first georgian channel on 36E, i think...
Isn't Adjara TV already on 36E?
 
Yes, Adjara tv is already on 36E. Soon all Georgian channels will move to that position, oncluding ones that was never broadcast from sat. Also, from mid-2010 it's scheduled to launch via satellite (test already available via DVB-T), 1st Georgian HD channel. Channel will have several language tracks, will focus on leisure, entertainment, tourism and other enjoyment activities in Georgia.
 
BombedOne said:
... 1st Georgian HD channel. Channel will have several language tracks, will focus on leisure, entertainment, tourism and other enjoyment activities in Georgia.

Is this like the RAI 'Yes Italia' channel and the Russian Travel Guide channel on Hotbird?
 
Unfortunately, no one knows definetly yet :) even name is unknown :)
Attached is possible logotype of channel, which reads as R-HD.


The thing only we know so far is, that Georgian Public TV hired 3 frequencies for 2010 year from eutelsat @36E and paid for it about 2 million GEL (Around $1.1mln).
 

Attachments

  • logotype.webp
    logotype.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 20
If they show tourist programmes, I will watch it. You can switch on the other tourist channels at any time and they will often have something interesting on.

If it has several language tracks, I expect that one will be English because it is an international language.

:-hny
 
Let me remake an old joke:

In U.K. There's such secrecy in manufacture, that workers in plant don't know what workers in next plant are doing.

In U.S. There's such secrecy in manufacture, that worker does not knows what another worker is doing.

In Georgia, There's such secrecy in manufacture, that worker does not knows what he's doing :)
 
:toke:


:-rofl2 :-rofl2 :-rofl2


We will just have to wait until it starts broadcasting!


:-thumbup
 
Are encryption due at 36e for the new Georgian ones on the European beam?
 
I think only BISS will be applied during football/etc activities, as it was in the past.
 
Switchover is done, but I really enjoy information in NIT table:
 

Attachments

  • network.webp
    network.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top