new ip reciever

bulldog

Reaction score
Hi All hope you had good xmas.

I have a motorised set up but my echostar ad3000ip is on way out would be interested with your comments as a replacement unit, normally go to to local satman (have for years) but has packed up,so any help would be great.

Many thanks Alec

dorsetbob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm SKY Dish with PACE Digital Digibox,
90cm PHILIPS (Fibo clone) Gregorian
(started with all original features).
MTI AP8-TW LNB.
TECHNOMATE 5500 CIP PLUS Receiver,
STRONG 4375(as Backup)
My Location
Weymouth,Dorset,UK
Hi Alec

It might help everyone on the forum if you told us a bit more about your set up.
i.e. are you using a 36v motor or diseqc,etc.
I'm sure once you have done this you will get lots of answers.

Bob

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
dorsetbob said:
Hi Alec

It might help everyone on the forum if you told us a bit more about your set up.
i.e. are you using a 36v motor or diseqc,etc.
I'm sure once you have done this you will get lots of answers.

Bob

Indeed, the more information the better, what are you wanting to use it for FTA stuff only, do you want to use subscription cards if so which?, footy?
Make toast?

bulldog

Reaction score
Thanks to you both

I have a 90cm Gregorian dish with a 0.3 db lnb + my poor echostar ad3000ip ,i have been enjoying satellite since 1995 so i have had a few set ups as you can imagine.Any way useing dragon cam .I live in cambridgeshire (east Anglia) picking off satellites from turksat 1c - Hipasat 30w .My main veiwing is indeed footy anything else is a bonus,I have looked at many on net but not with any ip as my echo so would like you views on new reciever or any info on improving my setup . I do like the sound of the blind search systems, not botherd about pvr rather spend on pulling in better signal would love to get 22 w nss7 but never mind.

many thanks Alec

dorsetbob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MTI AP8-TW LNB.
STRONG 4375(as Backup)
My Location
Weymouth,Dorset,UK
Hi Alec

If my memory serves me I think you have a Fibo dish with a 36v motor,(i'm sure I have read some of your earlier posts) which means if you want a receiver with built-in positioner then there are not many options.
But you could always get a V-Box to drive the motor and that will open up a lot options regarding receivers.

Bob

dorsetbob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MTI AP8-TW LNB.
STRONG 4375(as Backup)
My Location
Weymouth,Dorset,UK
Hi Alec

This link will help you with the receivers/positioners

_http://www.rewindmuseum.com/vintagesatellite.htm

Look in the section called
HISTORY OF MOTORISED SATELLITE RECEIVERS

Bob

bulldog

Reaction score
Hi Bob

Many thanks for your reply,yes you are right i do have have a Fibo dish with a 36v motor (well I use all connectors on dish to reciever)Not sure if i like idea of v-box still would prefer all in 1 but will have to see,nice link still got pace 500!
Always like to see before i buy so may have to travel to my nearest dealer if get a chance and have a look.Will let you know

Many thanks Alec

dorsetbob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MTI AP8-TW LNB.
STRONG 4375(as Backup)
My Location
Weymouth,Dorset,UK
Just as an after thought before you go buying a new receiver.
Are you definitely sure its the receiver and not the motor that is on the way out?
The Fibo motor can sometimes be a bit troublesome.
I've had few problems with mine,but have managed to sort things out after searching the posts in the forum.
Any idea of what receiver you want?
I've got a Technomate 5500 cip plus on my system and it works really well.Before that I had a Strong 4375(still got it just for backup just in case).
The Topfield or a Manhattan would be my preferred choice but 'er indoors has put a kerb on my spending at the moment saying enough is enough.
Anyway enough of me gabbing off.If I can help in anyway I will.
Let us all know how things go

bulldog

Reaction score
Hi Bob Thanks for reply

No the dish is fine it is my reciever when i switch on it takes a long time to lock on channel , might get it looked at because have had a look around at some new ones but not much with ip.
However I do like the TECHNOMATE TM-6900 HD COMBO SUPER i know it has no ip but it looks the best around .
Would like to ask Bob can you pick up anything from nss-7 22w ?I know we have similar set so should be able to pick up the same.
Also on your Technomate 5500 cip plus how do you get on with blind search do you pick up much ie footy being my 1st choice.and with a hd box i am talking about do you need a subsciption or will it work in tech?

Many thanks
alec
O you will have to wait for 'er indoors to go out so you can order you new beast!!!!! :-Nooo

dorsetbob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MTI AP8-TW LNB.
STRONG 4375(as Backup)
My Location
Weymouth,Dorset,UK
Hi Alec

I get 4 channels on NSS7 all at about 70% strength and 60% quality.
There is no blind scan on the 5500 cip (well if there is I haven't found it,perhaps because I haven't got a manual)
As for football I use the Sky dish and watch Sports 1,2,3 and extra (but not very often as it infuriates 'er indoors).
There must be a patch or a cam that will open up what you want but thats probally covered in some posts elsewhere.

P.S HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hope this helps

Bob

bulldog

Reaction score
Hi Bob

Yes got the same on nss7 sorted that one out,still looking for reciever ,getting feed up of buying cams got dragon at the moment getting less + less in that now ,never mind dont expect last forever.had good birthday thanks.

Happy new year to you and your family.
Alec