New Matrix called Matrix revolution !

user909090

Reaction score
Anyone knows about this new cam called matrix revolution?!
I appreciate if Rolfw gives me his views .. Thx.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is a more powerful version of the MR, don't know more about it than that I'm afraid, it would seem that CAMs are having to evolve in order to cope with the new encryptions and this is just the latest in what will probably be a string of upgraded models.

wisebird

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi rolfw
just got back from egypt if you remember my thread about astra reception in the middle east.
anyway there are rumours that the new mr revolutions can deal with NDS and the new encryption methods used in DON'T PANIC.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not even had a sniff about NDS, but I suppose you never know. :)

radtv

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
Hi Rolfw

I have posted a question in Cams re an X-cam I am getting, could you look at this and give me your view!

Thanks
Jessjosh

gjones

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
home
user909090 said:
Anyone knows about this new cam called matrix revolution?!
I appreciate if Rolfw gives me his views .. Thx.

I was on a site where they sell the Matrix Revolution. The question was asked as to what the difference's are as opposed to Matrix Reloaded. The answer was that the Matrix Revolution has more memory because the bin files are getting bigger due to all the new encryption schemes.

That all that anyone will say or knows. I think they are selling for 100 GBP.

Another post stated:
Ucas 3.1 while MR is ucas 3.0
Bigger memory. Updatable by fun cards.
Supported by gxmax for software development.
Big brother of the MR to put in short.

lejizz

Reaction score
Lets just hope that Keanu agrees to make Matrix 4, then we can continue getting free tv for a few more years lol :D

guiri

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester, UK
Firmware has now been posted for the new Revolutions cam at www.gxmax.com.

Some people have already tried to put it on a Reloaded, with partial success, indicating that at least the Revolutions and Reloaded have a similar processor.

BTW, if you try it on an MR, you'll need a CAS interface (or modified loader board) if you want to revert from 2.00 to 1.080.

Regards

rizla

Reaction score
My Location
Reading
Come on now m8! Ever since the Magic CAM, the inside of it stayed the same except for the memory. Magic, Matrix, Matrix reloaded and Matrix revolutions are all based on SIDSA processor. The ONLY real difference is the type of memory an the memory size (never mind Xilinx). And because the old Matrix has already been advertised as the CAM ready for future encryption systems, all the rest can not be anything else than money making marketing move.

So please, stop torturing yourselves thinking what CAM is the best. Best CAM is the one for which there is most software on the net. All of them (+ Dragon CAM equipped with a different processor therefore incompatible) are theoretically able to deal with any encryption system! Right now it's all about money. All we need is a good programmer who would stick to MR reloaded (Still more used than revolutions and still selling) and who would keep making updates for that particular CAM. And if he or them falls for another fancy CAM label or name, we will have to "upgrade" or "evolve" O-Ha as well. Or subscribe legally.:rolleyes:

rolfw said:
It is a more powerful version of the MR, don't know more about it than that I'm afraid, it would seem that CAMs are having to evolve in order to cope with the new encryptions and this is just the latest in what will probably be a string of upgraded models.