Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I've replaced my original Inverto MultiConnect setup after finding the LNBs where a little disappointing and the whole system constantly needed readjusting. It served me well for a few years but I wanted to try something else.

I've now set up a more sturdy "Triax" based universal equivalent LNB bracket and some extra brackets to give me 6 LNBs on my 85cm dish with a bunch of Black Ultra LNBs. Hopefully this setup will prove to require less adjusting...

Currently have LNBs on the dish looking at 31.5°E, 28.2°E, 23.5°E, 19.2°E, 13°E, and 9°E.

Reception of Astra 1G at 31.5°E is only just possible due to the satellite being slightly obscured by the balcony wall and the LNB is not quite aligned due to the 28.2°E LNB but I wanted to keep an eye out for Astra 5A when it launches at the end of the year. Eventually I might move this LNB back to the other side and get 1°W again hence it's just zip-tied on for now.

The 28.2°E LNB can only pick up Astra 2A and Eutelsat 28A so if both those satellites go in the autumn there might not be much to pick up from that location soon.

Reception from 19.2°E and 13°E is good. 9°E is OK for most transponders but some of the DVB-S2 transponders are a bit iffy. From 23.5°E I can only pick up the wide beam transponders.

In some of the picture you can also see my old BSB dish looking at 5°E, which still working well. We also had an nice sunset last night so I took a photo of the dish before I'd finished it.

All this is connected to a DrHD F15 receiver (all LNBs), a Technomate TM6900 (19.2°E + DVB-T) receiver and an old Pace 2600C1 (28.2°E).

sat-sunset.jpgsat-setup.jpglnbs.jpglnbs2.jpgziptie1.jpgziptie2.jpgbalcony.jpg

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
No problems with low horizions there then!!!! Thats a nice dish (and setup)

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Piltdownpaul said:
No problems with low horizions there then!!!! Thats a nice dish (and setup)
Yeah no problem looking west, but a big problem looking east past 32E! (west-ish facing balcony). Shame really as it would have been nice to get some of the more "exotic" eastern satellites as some of the footprints cover Finland quite well. Still, given the choice I'd rather see the west side of the arc given that Astra 2 is almost due south here so all the major European satellites are in the west.

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
I cant get a sniff from Astra 1G,there might just be a hint of a tree just catching the beam, i have to check on dishpointer!

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Looking at the new Astra 5A it's looking worse for the UK. I suppose the opposite to the new Astra 2's here...