New Satellite ISP

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Copy of letter received earlier in the week.

As for your interest in the broadband satellite navigation, we have pleasure in informing you that from now on your country is covered by the Open-Sky? services, and precisely from the Atlantic Bird 2 satellite at 8° West.

We are delighted to let you know that Broadsat, one of the official Eutelsat resellers and a commercial portal for satellite technology, is able to offer the Open-Sky products for any kind of home or business users, starting from 24 ? /mths.

As you were already registered some time ago for the Open-Sky? Beta Test, we have decided to make you use also our reserved - beta tester special offers.

The beta tester who are going to subscribe the service by July 31, will be able to enjoy two different special offers, as: either two more free months in the purchase of a two-month subscription of Basic, Club or Professional, or a three-month Club subscription at the price of one Basic.

The available services are:

Fast Internet: a broadband access to the net with no download limits. Our subscriptions include a fixed quota of guaranteed traffic, varying from the type of contract, with a guaranteed speed for the first half of such quota. When the guaranteed traffic is consumed, the service will remain available with the vacant satellite band at the moment of each connection.

Push Service: you have the possibility of downloading a great amount of data, such as internet sites, multimedia contents, software, and news from a predefinite file choice without any phone connection.

Live TV streaming: you can access loads of TV channels transmitted in MPEG4 directly on your PC.

Our subscriptions are available both for the Eutelsat W3 satellite at 7° East and the Atlantic Bird 2 satellite at 8° West, the latter being a transponder especially for North European users.

Options in payment will be: a bank swift, credit card, or online payment via credit card.

We invite you to visit our web site www.broadsat.com or write an e-mail to broadsat-info@broadsat.com for any further details.

Your address will not be used by us for advertisements any more unless you become one of our registered clients.

We thank you for your kind attention,

Best regards,
The Broadsat Open-Sky

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Interesting,

I'ts all well and good to receive data at such a rate. How quickly can I send it back, then vice versa?

They never mention it. Perhaps I will drop them an email.

P

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The problem with all satellite ISPs is that there is always a long ping, as the data has to travel the 30,000 odd miles up to the satellite and back down to your dish.

Having said that, if you are in an area where there is no hope of ADSL or Cable, it may be the only game in town.

Rolf