New softcams question

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
HI All , The Old Geezer's back again,

Although I'm fairly happy with the current crop of Emu's (S2 and Capi) , I've spotted a couple of new ones.
Namely EmuNation and Psoft.
Anybody had any joy using these with MT 2.76 ?
I've downloaded them and read through the files but it's still a mystery as to where I should put them and what else I need to get them to work.
I thought since you're such a learned bunch , I should seek advice from the oracles.
Thanks in advance for any help,

"Ain't satellite cards brilliant !!"

Cheers,
Old Geezer

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
To be honest m8, there is soooo much stuff happening at a rate of knots on the Dreambox, that I just havn't had time to play with my Skystar recently. All my files and emus are about two months out of date!

If I get a chance over the Easter weekend, and get all my DB stuff patched and working sweetly, I'll have a play (if I can find all the bits you mention!!!).

Ever been tempted by the Dreambox?

STICK

Old Geezer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Openbox V8S & TM5200D PVR Systems
My Location
Deepest South Wales
HiYa Stick,
Thanks for the reply.
I know You're a man of many talents , and many satellites by the look of it!!
As You no doubt have already guessed from previous chats I'm but a fledgling in this bird spotting thing.
Previous "tamperings" were with the old analogue , later to be replaced with 2 or 3 S*y dodgyboxes to get the free stuff off different birds .I Suppose We all have to start somewhere.
At the moment I haven't got any readies to even get myself motorised (Mrs OG insists we buy food !!) so a Dreambox is only a dream box.
I'll have a read through the DB forum on this excellent site , and see if I can find out a bit more about them (can't know any less !!) as I haven't even seen one before , and don't appear to be getting one anytime soon.
Cheers for the offer of assistance and if You get any chance it would be more than gratefully received.
The files are over at D*Bsoft just in case time hangs heavy (very unlikely being such a busy man).
Have a good Easter ,
Speak soon no doubt.
Cheers and thanks again,
Old Geezer.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
:D

Cheers m8ty.

I suggest you lose the food!

A 5620S can be had for around £130 new. Still a lot of money I know, but not as much as you might imagine. You can have a heap of fun just chucking a fixed 80cm up on Hotbird with it.
Perhaps you could sneak one in the trolly next time you go to Tescos? O-Ha

Have a great Easter.

STICK

moyhim

Reaction score
i am intreged.
what can this dreambox do?
and y is it so cool?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It's a computer in an STB-sized box which runs Linux. For the budget-type outlay you get top quality audio and video hardware, full IP networking, all the decrypting is done in software (so far less hardware-updating costs compared to other STB's) and unparalleled support from the world-wide community.

And it makes the tea. Alright, so I'm bending the truth a bit now.

You can even stream the video across the network to your PC, and even record it onto your hard disk.

Show me another box that can do that for the money, and I'll buy one of those too. :)

d_lamer2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 1 + Motorised dish.
My Location
malta
I think its cheaper to go the DIY way, and build a *Nix (Linux) box, with a sat card, and viola u have a dream box.
With around $300 and less.
:)