New Software

Gulsher Khan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STARTRACK WORLD IN BOX II
My Location
PAKISTAN
Every now and then there is NEW SOFTWARE for receivers.
For example starsw.com provides updated software for Sta track Box.
What is included in NEW SOFTWARE? Does it include new keys and updated data for satellites and transponders or what?
Someone please educate me
Thank you

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
To make it simple for you to understand, try reading the following example:-
There are a many encrypted channels on various satellites. For example, multivision and spice platinum on Hotbird. These channels are currently 'encrypted' on most receivers and you have to buy a card to watch them. With the NEW software available for some receivers, you can watch these channels without using these cards. Such software is specific for each receiver.(Star track software for Star track receiver; must be exactly the same model and make!)
But you must keep in mind that 'hacking'is NOT the only use of software upgrading. There are many other uses............
Keep visiting this site and you will learn a lot. But I would advise you to be SURE of what you are doing BEFORE you start doing anything to your receiver as you can KILL it just like a VIRUS can kill a computer.(Where you are from, you can get software upgrades done within minutes by paying less than ONE U.S. $ for almost any type of receiver!)
Hope that is enough for a start.
Regards.

Gulsher Khan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STARTRACK WORLD IN BOX II
My Location
PAKISTAN
Thanks a lot for your lucid explanation :)