New to DM8000 information on Cccam and alternative images.

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydigibox, DM8000, DM800, SkyStar2 CI
My Location
UK
I got my DM8000 on Friday and I‘ve managed to get it wired up and working using the installed image ( Enigma 2 ) having scanned Astra 28.2 east there are channels on Sky that I would like to watch with my freesat from Sky card.

If I understand correctly I need to install Cccam and have downloaded to my computer the file, e2-CCcam_2.0.11_081206.tar.gz, but I’m not sure how to install it assuming it’s the right file. I have DreamBox_Tool_v3 installed and have setup a connection using a cross over cable so that I can use FTP the DB. I think I now need to ftp the file but I’m not sure to which folder/file or what to do after that to get it working.

I also want to watch ITV HD and have read that some images have it already installed and is this also the case with Cccam?

Any help would be gratefully received,
Best wishes,
Meagain123

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
meagain123 said:
I got my DM8000 on Friday and I‘ve managed to get it wired up and working using the installed image ( Enigma 2 ) having scanned Astra 28.2 east there are channels on Sky that I would like to watch with my freesat from Sky card.

If I understand correctly I need to install Cccam and have downloaded to my computer the file, e2-CCcam_2.0.11_081206.tar.gz, but I’m not sure how to install it assuming it’s the right file. I have DreamBox_Tool_v3 installed and have setup a connection using a cross over cable so that I can use FTP the DB. I think I now need to ftp the file but I’m not sure to which folder/file or what to do after that to get it working.

I also want to watch ITV HD and have read that some images have it already installed and is this also the case with Cccam? Any help would be gratefully received,
Best wishes,
Meagain123
I have changed my image to Nabilosat BH v9 and downloaded and installed CCcam 2.0.11 to use with my Sky card. The card is active and works in my Skybox. With the card in the dm it will not clear my sky channels.

If I go to the blue panel and select CCcam 2.0.11 and press OK I get the message 'please wait whilst starting etc. and this appears to work but the channel doesn't clear. If I press blue then yellow for info. and button 1 this gives me CCcam information but under entitlements it shows,
'no or unknown card inserted' for both card reader/dev/sci0 & sci1 this is the same when using CCcam 2.0.10.

Any suggestions please as this is my first attempt at using cams.
Regards
meagain123

Gerry55

Reaction score
Hi meagain123
Have you inserted the card the right way up, with the chip facing down?

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Gerry55 said:
Hi meagain123
Have you inserted the card the right way up, with the chip facing down?

Yes, also tried it the other way just in case it was opposite to the sky box.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
FTP the ipk files in these zips to your /tmp folder and manually install the packages using the green/yellow buttons. Reboot and start Cccam 2.0.11.

Llew

Attachments

• dreambox-secondstage_72-r0_dm8000.zip
    207.5 KB · Views: 164