new to dsd need help!

M

marc5193

this isn't to do with sky, as I live in Australia.
This is proberbly a stupid question, but I'm paranoid.
Can the paytv co find out that you've hacked into their service (ie. do any of these decoders send out)?
I want to use a Iderto decoder called uec 720, which I got from foxtel when I was a subscriber. Is this wise?
Also does anyone know anything about this particular decoder. Is it any good?

thanx

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Panasat used to make the IRD 720, but it was a very slow machine

Without looking at the broadcast parameters, can you confirm Rupert still uses IRDETO down under ? If not then your idea isnt going to work

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If the receiver is conected to the dish only and not the telephone,it is impossible for the dish to radiate a signal back to the satellite,I presume we are talking satellite and not a street cable conection!.Some receivers hold in memory the chanels you have selected in the past,and also the smart card has memory,even with all this,the paytv company would need to "read" this directly from the box or card.It is possible in extreme cases to "see" what you are watching with very expensive equipment from the street outside your door,just leave your name and address at the tone!! Brian

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If the card is the property of the broadcaster (99% of the rime it is)
then if its returned and read it will give them all they need to send a bill to you

This was the threat of ITVD when some unscrupulous people were reprogramming them

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
They asked me for the card back,i said that it was in the dog,they said send the dog,and they would wait for it.......Brian

M

marc5193

how do I find out what encryption system is currently been used?
(ie. Irdeto 1 or 2)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should be able to find out from http://www,lyngsat.com

Rolf

Rentakill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.6M Ku Band Orbitron, 3.0M Orbitron C band. 1.2M Ku offset, 1.0M Ku Offset, 90Cm/Moteck Ku, 65Cm Ku Offset, 1.2m Paraclips Hydro C Band Nokia Dbox 9500s, Nokia Dbox2, 2x Dreambox 7020s, Dreambox Dm500s, 2 x Dreambox Dm800 HD, UEC 660, Pace HDi PVR
My Location
Downunder
Gidday.
Downunder here in NZ we have adopted the same system of encryption as what is used in the Uk with Bs*yB. Ours called S*y Nz.(NDS VideoGuard)
What i would like to know, is what hardware in the way of a programmer would i require to Clone or copy a Currently Subbed card over to a Virgin Unused S*y Nz card,for then use in another S*y Box.
What software would i need to use ?.
Ive been reading tones of Forrums, but most of them i have read are related to Australia's PTV Encryption, which is Irdeto.
I have read lately that Australian PTV operators are soon to change over to Irdeto2.
Anyway.. If any of you can give me some help.. I'd be stoked !!

Cya

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You're more likely to be stuffed than stoked Rentakill :) If the system is the same, then you cannot clone the cards, its close to impossible to read them. No one as far as I know, has managed to clone a UK Videoguard card.

Rolf

Rentakill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.6M Ku Band Orbitron, 3.0M Orbitron C band. 1.2M Ku offset, 1.0M Ku Offset, 90Cm/Moteck Ku, 65Cm Ku Offset, 1.2m Paraclips Hydro C Band Nokia Dbox 9500s, Nokia Dbox2, 2x Dreambox 7020s, Dreambox Dm500s, 2 x Dreambox Dm800 HD, UEC 660, Pace HDi PVR
My Location
Downunder
Thanks Rolfw for your reply.
I have seen around at various other Forrums that it was once impossible to gain access into an N*S card, due to the security that they (N*S) have included in the Card.
But i have seen lately that it is now possible to interogate and change variables on an N*S card.
I'm not sure if you've been to Nds.host.sk/ site.
They have a pretty good bundle of software and inforamtion packages there..
Well.. I'll continue on..

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, I think that there are certain elements of the card that may be accessible, it may also be possible to clear some information, but it then effectively leaves you with a non-usable card.

rolf

Rentakill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Downunder
Rolfw..

Do you have any good sites that could be on interest ?..
I know that the PPV level on a card can be altered or deleted quite easily..

Thanx

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 20-Jun-02 AT 06:38 AM (GMT)]The site that used to be good and I think is still around, is the Wizzards Workbench. http://www.the-wizards-workbench.co.uk

Also see this thread on Digital Forums http://digital-forums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66961&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

These guys know most of what can be done and is available, with regard to the PPV record, dead right, it can be cleared, but along with most of the operational information, which again renders the card useless.

We'd be interested to know if you come up with anything else on your travels.

Rolf

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
"You're more likely to be stuffed than stoked Rentakill ".

LOL. Made my sunday evening. Actually I am lying - Germany losing the final made me VERY happy; but, that was some hours ago :-)

I guess here in Berlin I miss the humour. Nobody wanted to watch a smiling english man this afternoon. Strange.

More to the point, I'm missing wimbledon-i. For some reason its moved to 2D this year. Bastards.

Have Fun,

Mark.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Good to hear from you Mark, don't they cover wimbledon on any of the domestic channels?

Rolf

Rentakill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Downunder
Hi Guys
What Programmers would you lot suggest is best for interogating and programming cards. Mainly Irdeto and NDS.Videoguard.
Ive seen ones such as VxMulti, Elvis, MasteraII etc..
I was looking at the MasteraII..
I'm not totally up to speed on the differences between each unit, as there are not to many people in this part of the world that are dealing with them.
Rolf, In your experience, what would you suggest is best one.
And why ?
I'm looking at getting one. and would like to make the right decision.

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Jul-02 AT 07:46 PM (GMT)]Problem with my advice on programmers, is that I've only used the Millenium and the Elvis and whilst the latter is superb, there may be better tools for the job.

There are several members who have experience with several types, also Duwgati's site http://duwgati.com/ has advice and critiques on several different programmers.

Rolf