NACdigital

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky FTA, Virgin Media
My Location
Plymouth, Devon
Hi guys,

Quick introduction... Im James from Plymouth, Devon, UK

Im new to all this satellite stuff, and its a technology Id love to learn about.

I currently have Vir gi n M ed ia, used to have sky a few years ago so know the basics.

What im wanting to do, is fit freesat/non sky services around the house. Ive already fitted my dish, ok its a standard Sky Minidish but its a starting point with a standard sky LNB. Im wanting to fit a quad LNB for obvious reasons.

Right, down to the point. Im after a HD Box, Im not to fussed about PVR but would be nice, needs to have HDMI and Digital Audio Out. Now ive been told there are certain boxes you can add 'keys' to that can, erm how can we say... help in viewing certain channels ;-). Im not after the mature content thats for sure. What Id like to pick up is german/spanish stuff, aswell as the obvious english stuff. Now im sorry if im posting this in the wrong forum but I thought it would be best not to fill the forum with my nonsence.

Im sorry for being a newbie, but from what ive read on here so far you guys have a wealth of information! I will certainly be donating to this fab community!

Thanks so much,

James

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum NACdigital

Ok c a b l e is a banned subject here whether you have it or not. expertise in the Hd field is basically down to the members that have jumped into this. The only information on Sat HD is what has already been posted in this particular section of the board. As regards your desire for an HD PVR, patience is the answer ATM. nobody has as yet launched an HD Freesat PVR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To pick up non-English language channels, you will need either a dish with multiple LNBs, offset for the other satellites, or a motorised dish, alongside your Sky dish.

NACdigital

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky FTA, Virgin Media
My Location
Plymouth, Devon
Thanks for your reply guys, Sorry about the whole c a b l e thing, thought id advise on my situation.

Can I attach another lnb to the standard sky minidish to get 19.2 aswell as 28.2? I dont mind investing into a motorised dish but would rather not as possibly downstaires could be watching freesat and me watching 19.2 upstaires and dont want to interupt the viewing.

Could you possibly advise me on a good place to read up on learning about lnb offsets and things like that? I do like to learn things myself, self teaching i believe is always the best method.

Again, thanks very much :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
NACdigital said:
Could you possibly advise me on a good place to read up on learning about lnb offsets and things like that? I do like to learn things myself, self teaching i believe is always the best method.

Again, thanks very much :)

That is the whole point of this self help site, there are shed loads of information for you to digest especially in the pictures of my system section here There are various way of tackling your problem all costing different amounts of money. I would suggest obtaining a second dish and lnb to 'play' with

SwissBuster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technisat Multytenne
My Location
Geneva
rolfw said:
To pick up non-English language channels, you will need either a dish with multiple LNBs, offset for the other satellites, or a motorised dish, alongside your Sky dish.

Another option is the setup above which picks up four satellites (conceptually similar to the multiple LNB solution). This works fine for me in central Europe but I can't say how it might work in the UK.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
SwissBuster said:
Another option is the setup above which picks up four satellites (conceptually similar to the multiple LNB solution). This works fine for me in central Europe but I can't say how it might work in the UK.

A relatively small dish as I recall, is it not SwissBuster?

SwissBuster

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technisat Multytenne
My Location
Geneva
Robbo71 said:
A relatively small dish as I recall, is it not SwissBuster?

Yep, small by anyone's standard. Works fine for me, though.