newbie Elvis programmer stuck

parrid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Guys,

Have a Samsung 9500 VIA CI.
A shiny new Elvis has arrived in the post with a couple of Gold Cards, a fun card (AT chipcard 2) and a Fun4 card.

All seems to identify and program correctly using the latest multiprog, problem is I'm missing the next piece of the jigsaw because I don't understand how to program the 'keys'.

can anyone please enlighten me ?

Do I have to somehow edit the Hex file and insert the keys or enter them with the remote ?

Sheesh, so many fragements of information around. I'm sure it's really easy when you know how.

Ta.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is this a patched receiver for allcam Parrid? If it is, you need to use the links in Nobbly's big links forum, Phill's Files, Toecutter's or Satdudez and download one or two of the 6 in 1 files, some will probably say that they are for the Samsung..

Once you've downloaded the zip files, extract them to an easily navigable folder, create a new one calle unzipped files perhaps.

Read the read-me file, it will normally tell you which Flas and Eeprom file to use for your receiver, then open your Multiprog software, in setup, make sure the port is correct and then go into MP Set and power up, it should tell you that Elvis is working.

If you're using the funcard, go to the fun/atmega tab and insert the card face down, press identify and it should tell you what the card is (you only need to do this the first time). Probably best to untick fastwrite first off and use the Adtechnic loader in the dropdown.

Tick the Flash box and press load, navigate to your unzipped folder and double click on the Flash hex file.

Do the same for the external Eeprom and then press program.

That should do it.

parrid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks for the response rolfw.

So I have to install the Samsung patch then - even if say I only want to evaluate viaccess channels ?
I did try the 118 and 120 version of the patched firmware but the 9500 locked up when searching for channels so I reverted back to the 'official' 126 build.

Do I not have to enter 'keys' somewhere along the line ?

cheers

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, if you just want to use the viaccess side of things, look for a Viaccess gold card file, same links should do, then use the pic tab and you will have to load a pic file and Eeprom file, if not obvious which is which, the Eeprom file will often begin with 24 or have the latest date, as it is the one that changes with the new keys etc..

rolf

parrid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
woohoo - thar she blows !

That worked, thanks.

I had previously missed the 'power up' step. I saw the light come on the Elvis and the card apparently seemed to program correctly.

off to practice now thanks for the help.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Good news Parrid, feels great doesn't it :D :-band

parrid

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
like a roller coaster ride this hobby.

I seem to have unearthed a problem with the Samsung after my initial success.

I mentioned earlier my attempts to patch the receiver with versions 118 and 120 of the multi-cas firmware. Well the firmware burns in OK but when auto-scanning for channels afterwards (it seems to loose the channel list during the burn) it crashes the reciever half way through a scan on Astra 19E. Strange this because the Hotbird 13E scan completes and stores 700 or so channels.

Guess this is one for another group.

I'm a bit suspicious that this problem has only occured after the reciever downloaded version 127 from satellite.