Newbie help

tuxi187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digital satellite with normal computer
My Location
Manchester, England
Hi I was wondering if it would be possible to receive ZNBCTV in the uk . The information I have on it is http://www.flysat.com/tv-zm.php. Instelsat 4 72 E 3712 V. Any help on the equipment needed would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You will need a very big dish, even if you have a clear line of sight to the satellie. The channel is using the Africa beam, and judging by the only map I've seen you might require a dish of over 2 Metres in size:
Code:
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel4_africa.html
http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel4_africa.html

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'd be very surprised indeed if 72E is gettable with any size dish.

Generally speaking, 53E is the most easterly position attainable in practical terms from the UK. Stretching it another 19 degrees strikes me as being impossible, due to the curvature of the earth.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
It would be interesting to know exactly which satellite is the last one viewable, East and West, 72E is the last one listed, under the European section, on Lyngsat, then you move into Asia.
Anyone in the UK, with a 3 Metre dish, to test the last possible satellite you can pick up:-Cgrin

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Good idea!

Not too many punters, though, I should imagine.

SatSearcher

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105cm dish with 0.1 smart LNB. TBS 6903 & TBS 5925 Card & Octagon SF4008. 55E-65W.
My Location
West Yorkshire
I can get to 68.5e, but signal from this comes and goes as if it's bobbing up and down on the horizon. To get 72e in the UK i would think you'll need to be in the eastern part and preferably live half-way up a mountain with a clear line of sight to the southeast. Never heard of anyone actually receiving 72e here, would like to know if someone has.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
tuxi187 said:
Hi I was wondering if it would be possible to receive ZNBCTV in the uk . The information I have on it is http://www.flysat.com/tv-zm.php. Instelsat 4 72 E 3712 V. Any help on the equipment needed would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

No chance for most of us - its on or below the horizon for most of the UK. Might just be possible for someone who lives up a high mountain with a good take off to the east, but it would be going some to get it.

Therefiore you will need to move house into eastern Europe to stand any reasonable hope of getting it. :D

cooltv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M Dish
My Location
Midlands
If I had a 3m dish in a country field and I was left alone for a few hours, i'd most certainly have a go. :-thumbup

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I used to be able tro look further east than 68.5E, a satellite at 72.5 used to be beaming in with the 1.5m dish but since then, a tree a few doors away has grown somewhat.