Newbie needs advice please

dccj

Reaction score
Hi,
I've looked at a lot of the posts and am having trouble deciding which receiver I need to buy. I live in the North West of England (Nr Kendal) and would like to receive the German digital channels and some premier channels (Sport, Movies, etc.)
I have a 90cm dish with a Cambridge Universal LNB that I used for analogue, aimed at 19 degrees, I would like to fit a DiSEqC 1.2 motor to this dish so I can receive from other sats as well.
My Buget for a receiver is about £100.00. I presume I will need a CAM or card slot in the receiver but don't know anything about these. I used to have a D2Mac decoder many years ago. Are cams like the old eprom cards that you can program yourself?
I would appreciate the advice of you experienced guys.
Regards,
Dave
PS. My wife is German so I shouldn't have a problem buying one from Germany if they are the best price. (plus you get 2 years warranty in Germany)

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
hi dave, i think it would be a good idea if you went to germany and got a receiver.i was in aachen a couple of weeks ago and couldnt believe how cheap sat.equipment was/is.i have a manhattan starlightMX receiver and it retails at 189euros in Holland. it has built in MR1.04 and can pick up lots of good channels.viacess and irdeto the keys can be programmed to descramble other encryption but i havent quite got that far yet.but when i do ill let you know.GOOD LUCK

TWAG