Dual 2.8 xeon
2gig ddr ram
260gig hd
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

No Sat system
My Location
Merseyside
Alright peeps,

I have absolutley no idea where to start really. I am very quick learner and good with electronics. I want to get a system installed in my room that can receive most importantly of all footy and mature content ;) but the movie channels etc also. I have sky at the moment but want to get rid of that because paying £45 a month is a joke. So if anyone could guide me to what i need and how much it would cost I would be very greatful!

Cheers

Pirus

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
For starters you can forget "all the mature content" unless you have deep pockets. The vast majority of mature content stations are secure scrambled. A basic system can be put together for under a couple of hundred pounds, and after that the price goes up rapidly depending on what additional equipment and capabilities you want.

If you are thinking of evading pay tv charges to get free footie, you need to realise that things change rapidly in the hacking game - half a dozen pay tv providers have gone secure in the same number of months, and your expensive toys can easily be rendered expensive junk a week after you have ordered them!

Pirus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dual 2.8 xeon
2gig ddr ram
260gig hd
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

No Sat system
My Location
Merseyside
Cheers for that mate, so do you think its not worth me investing in one? All I want to get is the Liverpool games this season. I have packed in my season ticket and want to be able to view the games while I work at home..

mature content is by far not the n1 priority, Footy is, as long as i can see the footy thats all i care about, sky channels after that are a plus, and mature content :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You wnat Sky = you pay for it.

End of story as its not compromised.

Dont give up just yet - thers some interesting stuff still around, although you have to realise that things can change at any time. Get yourself a FortecStar or a Technomate making sure you buy a patchable one, and preferably that it has at least one CAM slot (CI slot) for future upgrading.

As for football, you need to do some research as to which channel(s) will be showing your team next season and make appropriate plans.